Cultivated Reef

UWWMatt's 25G CADlight

uwwmatt

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, this tank brings back memories. it was our first high performance AIO package (2005) that had a full sized integrated refugium, multi-chamber external system that we later upgraded to the 34G Signature (2006) and then now the current 39G Signature series (since 2008). thanks for making this classic so awesome (as it should be :) ). definitely one of the nicest looking 25G systems we have seen.

-Eddie

wow, this tank brings back memories. it was our first high performance AIO package (2005) that had a full sized integrated refugium, multi-chamber external system that we later upgraded to the 34G Signature (2006) and then now the current 39G Signature series (since 2008). thanks for making this classic so awesome (as it should be :) ). definitely one of the nicest looking 25G systems we have seen.

-Eddie

Thanks, I really enjoy this setup. It has proven much less stressful then my last tank. The only hiccup seems to be the light which keeps blowing t5s out. I think it gets to hot with the MH, but it looks like you guys have redesigned your current lighting to add fans. Your new systems look great.

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_06132.jpg

I like your hammer and frogspawn, what kind of are they?

I have only ever called them hammer and frogspawn. I don't know if they have a special name for their color variety.

Great pics, that frogspawn is outrageous! Speaking of, would you mind posting your camera specs and the settings you use on some of those clown shots? Just received my first DSLR at Christmas and I'm trying to learn and you definitely seem to know what you're doing. Thanks!

Matt,

How do you like the cadlights? I just ordered a 112g custom Cadlights that will be here in 3 weeks. Is the quality where you want it?

Thanks

Canon Rebel XTI

Tamron 180mm Macro

0084.jpg

Use a high quality tripod, turn the flash off, focus manual, and use a remote trigger. Also tak a lot of pictures, and play with your settings. For the 4 fish pictures I posted yesterday I took probably 40 pictures and selected the best ones.

You have to keep in mind what you plan on doing with the photo. For this photo I only ever planned on posting a small resolution on this forum. That allows me to up the iso a bit because the noise doesn't become an issue at such a small size.

Data for this picture.

IMG_06771.jpg

Exif dataExposure 0.02 sec (1/50)

Aperture f/3.5

Focal Length 180 mm

ISO Speed 400

Exposure Bias 0 EV

Flash Off, Did not fire

Image Width 3888

Image Height 2592

Exposure Program Manual

Date and Time (Original) 2011:01:27 18:57:24

Date and Time (Digitized) 2011:01:27 18:57:24

Max Aperture Value 3.5

Metering Mode Multi-segment

Custom Rendered Normal

Exposure Mode Manual

White Balance Auto

Thank you for that detailed reply! That information is very helpful and I will be practicing tonight :)

I'm loving the red casing on xti. Is that just for personal taste or added protection?

Thank you for that detailed reply! That information is very helpful and I will be practicing tonight :)

I'm loving the red casing on xti. Is that just for personal taste or added protection?

The case adds some basic protection from dust and scratches. It also has a nice hard plastic LCD protector. I chose red because if I set it down somewhere it is easier to find.

I have the Xti as well. I'm trying to understand the use of the small dial right around the viewfinder. It seems the more i turn it up the clearer the image becomes, but why have the dial if turning it down just blurs the image? Maybe you can shed some light!

Here is what I'm talking about

ZTOP.JPG

small dial (not the one for changing aperture, shutter speed, etc, but the one next to the viewfinder with the +, - like image.

Thanks!

Matt,

How do you like the cadlights? I just ordered a 112g custom Cadlights that will be here in 3 weeks. Is the quality where you want it?

The tank build quality is great. My tank is a pretty old model, so I would imagine the builds are even better now.

In addition to a few new corals I also picked up some new fish for my tank. Here are a couple shots of my new firefish. Later today I will bust out the new lens and see if I can get some macro shots.

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

I picked up a used Tunze 9002 and have it running in the back chamber, plus an inTank skimmer cup ordered. I also ordered an Aqua Lifter so I can finally get my ATO set up.

Wow those are some incredible shots! I can never seem to get good pictures of my fish. You're also making me want a macro lens even more :P

Excellent pics! What kind of cardinal fish is that?

It is a spot gill cardinal fish. I originally got him as part of a trio from the diver's den at liveaquaria. They lasted about a year and then this guy got aggressive and killed one of them, and another got stressed during the tank swap and died.

Those new corals look great! I've always wanted a big fat brain sitting on my sand bed.

Thanks

Archived