Top Shelf Aquatics

UWWMatt's 25G CADlight

uwwmatt

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

December 15th, FTS

FTS_121410.jpg

HOLYSMOKES! Is that a frogspawn right in the middle? Looks huge. Awesome!

Yeah that's frogspawn. I have had it growing for the past 2 years. Started as 3 heads now has a lot more.

Very nice with the cord control. After setting up my 40B I have 3 power strips and a myriad of cords dangling and out of control : omgomgomg

Thanks

Cord control was one of my main goals with this tank. I have to admit though its a lot easier with this tank than my last one. No sump with big pump, fuge light, skimmer, or extra power heads, that makes for a lot less cords to deal with. Plus no overflow and return plumbing.

FTS101.jpg

top_view5.jpg

Full_left_FTS.jpg

right_side6.jpg

left_side10.jpg

Stunning looking tank. I like the new look a lot. I hate seeing cords so I know what you are going for with the look.

Thanks

close_up_FTS.jpg

close_up_FTS.jpg

Looking real good! But it's getting a little full....time to upgrade again!?! :)

I'm considering adding either a pom-pom crab or some sexies to my tank. I've noticed you've got both in there...which is more visible? Or are they both pretty cool? I've never liked adding something that I never get to see.

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_02552.jpg

Looking real good! But it's getting a little full....time to upgrade again!?! :)

I'm considering adding either a pom-pom crab or some sexies to my tank. I've noticed you've got both in there...which is more visible? Or are they both pretty cool? I've never liked adding something that I never get to see.

Thanks, its always a good time for upgrade. My wife however does not agree.

I would get a bunch of sexy shrimp. Pom Poms are cool but you can never find them.

Cad.jpg

nice upgrade!

Thanks

can you tell us what you are currently using your rkl to control?

Sure. Currently it runs my light, return pump, heater, and fan.

I set my tank temperature on the RKL to 78.0 degrees (+/- .3 degrees) So when it dips below 77.7 my heater kicks on until the tank gets back to 78. When it rises above 78.3 my fan kicks on. If the tank temperature reaches 81 degrees (it never has) then an alarm will sound and my display light will shut off for 15 minutes or longer if the temp remains high.

I like to run my return pump with the RKL because I can just activate the feeding mode and it will shut it off for 30min then automatically restart it. That way I don't have to mess around unplugging anything and risk forgetting to plug it back in.

I have the SLK module and the Salinity probe, but it needs to be recalibrated and I haven't bothered installing it on this tank.

-------------------------------------------------------------

So I just picked up a Reeflux 12k for my light (still using my 14k Aquamaxx at the moment), but I also need to get T5HO bulbs for actinic supplementation. The bulbs were burnt out when I bought this tank, and I never bothered replacing them until now.

I have never dealt with T5s so I need advice on what bulbs I should get. My light holds two 2" 24W T5HO.

What should I get to make my corals pop?

yes i would.Alot of people swear by them with halides..........awsome par also.I wish you were local i would offer some bulbs to try but i think will be happy with the blue +

yes i would.Alot of people swear by them with halides..........awsome par also.I wish you were local i would offer some bulbs to try but i think will be happy with the blue +

I went ahead and bought two of those Blue Plus

In unrelated news I am taking the lights off my Christmas tree and have discovered it is covered with hundreds of caterpillars omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

I will be getting a fake tree next year *vomit*

I changed out my light a few days ago from an aging aquamaxx 14k to a new Reeflux 12k. The light has only been running around 50hrs so it has some burning in to do, but I am impressed. The output seems significantly higher than my aquamaxx (probably just because the aquamax bulb was so old).

I have 2x 24 watt ATI Blue Plus t5 bulbs in the mail for supplementation. I am pretty excited to see what my tank will look like once it gets that extra pop.

reeflux_12k.jpg

Well I came home today to the sound of my light buzzing. Looks like I had a bad bulb because it was just sending the current across but wouldn't fire up. Would this cause any adverse effects to my ballast or the light itself? I don't know how long it was trying to start up, but it could have been all day since it goes on at 9:30am when I am at work.

It only took a 2 minute online chat with the Hellolights.com people and they are sending me a new one. Has anyone else had trouble with reeflex bulbs?

My reeflux has always worked fine. I think it will look great on your tank with a little bit of actinic supplementation.

Ewww... where did you get your tree? I'll have to be sure not to buy mine from that place next year.

The ATI Blue + bulbs arrived a few days ago. I am still waiting on my replacement Reeflux 12k. In the meantime here is my tank with just the T5's on. I don't really have much practice taking pictures like this so I am going to have to play with my camera's setting to try and get a more accurate representation. The hammer coral looks awesome in this lighting.

IMG_03542.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

I have an order from Blue Zoo arriving on Wednesday, plus our local fragswap is coming up in a few weeks so this afternoon I am going to totally rearrange my tank to make room for my new additions.

I am planning on finally putting together my ATO. I picked up a pretty nice 5.3G tall square bucket for the reservoir. I think it will look much nicer than the standard round one I used last time.

IMG_0361.jpg

I also picked up a couple new square 5G jugs for RO/DI water. I was tired of using the standard round 5g water jugs that are hard to store. These are sturdy and stackable and fit in my closet. I live in a one bedroom so space comes at a premium.

IMG_0360.jpg

Archived