Top Shelf Aquatics

UWWMatt's 25G CADlight

uwwmatt

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful tank!

Those pictures of the cleaner molting are absolutely phenomenal. That's so badass.

Let us know how the RKL stuff works out.

Can I have your camera for $10 or less please? (Amazing pics BTW)

Incredible pics uw.

Stunning photos, and gorgeous tank! Your clown is adorable :wub:

thanks

I am still waiting on a ground probe I ordered. I will be using that in conjunction with my gfci plug to test what device is leaking electricity into my tank. I have discovered, with help, that the meter I use to measure stray voltage is picking up the induction voltage from all the devices around my tank. Induction voltage carries very little current and is not an issue, however stray voltage from a malfunctioning device can support enough current to cause some serious injury.

Putting a ground probe in my tank would make the tank safe for me to put my hand in, but could damage my livestock. So what I need to do is find the source of the stray voltage. When the probe arrives I will set 5G bucket. I will then test each device one at a time by hooking it up to the gfci plug, and putting it and the ground probe in the water. Any device leaking stray voltage will trip the GFCI Plug and shut the device off.

Some good information on ground probes and stray electricity here:

http://www.thekrib.com/Marine/grounding.html

:o :o surprised you don't have 50 replies in the last 6 hours. Amazing. You have some talent with reef tanks. From scaping to picture quality, wow. Keep on.
:o :o surprised you don't have 50 replies in the last 6 hours. Amazing. You have some talent with reef tanks. From scaping to picture quality, wow. Keep on.

Thanks BPS, I am glad you like the aquascape. I wasn't quite sure how I felt about it, I think It might need some minor tweaks still.

Just mailed out my faulty Salinity probe and old SID from my RKL so Digital Aquatics can give me the upgrades. If you have one of their salinity probes I suggest you take advantage of their limited time trade in policy, as the old ones are prone to failure.

Hey Matt,

I noticed that you have an orange spotted goby and I just got one. You don't have a lid right? Are you concerned about him jumping? I put an egg crate temporarily over my tank and am looking into lid options but it seems like so much more of a pain to feed/work with the tank with any kind of lid and I really prefer topless. Your thoughts? Ben

Hey Matt,

I noticed that you have an orange spotted goby and I just got one. You don't have a lid right? Are you concerned about him jumping? I put an egg crate temporarily over my tank and am looking into lid options but it seems like so much more of a pain to feed/work with the tank with any kind of lid and I really prefer topless. Your thoughts? Ben

Hey Ben,

I actually have a lid on this tank, but it doesn't cover the left or right side so its not very useful for protecting fish. My last tank didn't have a lid and he never jumped. In fact I never see him ever go more than 4 or 5 inches off the sand. I think you would only have to worry about the orange spotted goby jumping if there was another aggressive fish in your tank that might chase him out.

squirrelieygrrrl

this tank is just so pretty.

how do you like your cad? i just took the plunge on their new 40g artisan. do you have any complaints? sage wisdom? ill have to take the time to read through your thread. i loved your old 25g, it was spectacular. you do great work Matt.

this tank is just so pretty.

how do you like your cad? i just took the plunge on their new 40g artisan. do you have any complaints? sage wisdom? ill have to take the time to read through your thread. i loved your old 25g, it was spectacular. you do great work Matt.

Thanks, I like the tank. It is one of their first complete packages and I bought it used. It has some issues with the light, and with the flow between the chambers in back, but I imagine by now all the kinks have been worked out. I would definitely consider them seriously if I was in the market for a new tank.

squirrelieygrrrl
Thanks, I like the tank. It is one of their first complete packages and I bought it used. It has some issues with the light, and with the flow between the chambers in back, but I imagine by now all the kinks have been worked out. I would definitely consider them seriously if I was in the market for a new tank.

that seems to be the consensus about cad tanks from everything ive found. glad to hear youve been happy with it. i didnt order a light, and im sure ill be upgrading the return pump rather quickly.

thanks a bunch

~jen

Matt, Your corals appear close enough to touch each other. Do you have any problems with corals stinging each other? For instance you have frogspawn. I've heard frogspawn will sting? This coral placement concept is something I have not yet fully grasped.

Matt, Your corals appear close enough to touch each other. Do you have any problems with corals stinging each other? For instance you have frogspawn. I've heard frogspawn will sting? This coral placement concept is something I have not yet fully grasped.

The frogspawn and hammer don't bother each other. Those are the only two that touch. The leathers are over on the right as to not be bothered by the lps.

Archived