Top Shelf Aquatics

UWWMatt's 25G CADlight

uwwmatt

Just placed an order for a new 180mm Macro lens. Thanks to Amazon prime I will have it tomorrow! Not the Canon L I really wanted, but at $750 cheaper the Tamron 180mm F3.5 Di LD 1:1 Macro will do just fine. The reviews put it very near the L series in all catagories except the AF, which doesn't effect me as I use manual focus anyway.

It will be nice to finally have a macro lens for shooting my tank. The kit lens just doesn't let me do the things I want.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man I'm so jealous of that lens... I have a decent camera, but my lenses are crap. I'd love to be able to shoot macros of some of my live stock.

Hey matt where did you find that bucket? im trying to find something will fit in stand of new tank thats under 10.5 wide.that thing almost looks perfect

I picked up a new clam and clown fish from Blue Zoo Aquatics. I also rearranged my rockwork/coral because our local fragswap is in a few weeks and I needed to make room for more corals!

Newlayoutnewlivestock.jpg

My replacement 12k bulb should be here on Friday so that will really brighten things up in there.

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

My replacement 150W 12k bulb should arrive in the mail today! I can't wait to get rid of that year + old 14k. It is getting really dim.

More pictures

New clown

IMG_0474.jpg

Hitchhiker feather duster (mini brittle starfish arm in there too)

IMG_0501.jpg

Hitchhiker astrea starfish

IMG_0512.jpg

Nosy cleaner shrimp

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

no new bulb yet and fts? just wondering how gonna like new bulbs

Yep got them and like them. I will get a FTS soon.

Also I may have made a disaterous mistake. I was at the LFS and on a whim picked up a bicolor blenny. I had one that was awesome a while back. I put him in the tank. Then I started to think about my new clam and wonder about blenny compatibility. Well they are not. Crap =(

IMG_0592.jpg

New FTS shot. Finally got my replacement Reeflux 12k and my two 24W ATI Blue + T5 bulbs

IMG_05901.jpg

Well I don't have to worry about the blenny bothering my clam. I was gone last night and when I came back this morning I found him on the carpet :(

I had a lid on the tank with just a small space on one side, and he found the opening. Poor little guy.

IMG_0594.jpg

Well free space in my tank is getting limited and our local fragswap is coming up on Saturday. Does anyone have any suggestions on what corals I should look for?

I was thinking a nice small yellow plate coral to go down by my green one in the lower left of the tank. And maybe some palys to fill in some of the open spaces on the rocks.

I have also tossed around the idea of getting another clam, but I am concerned that another would put to much of a strain on the trace elements in my tank.

Thanks everyone

My camera is a canon rebel XTi. The macro shots are taken with a Tamron 180mm and most of the others are taken with the 18-55 IS lens.

DimePieceReef

Your reef is truly pimp dude! Same goes for that pimp cam and lens. It very obvious you put a lot of pride in your reef. Very inspirational!

Archived