inTank Media Baskets

Free Collonista snails

TheMac86

I have hundreds of mature collinista snails that I want to get rid of. There are too many in my tank and I have no more algae for them to eat. They are reef safe and are sometimes portrayed as mini turbo snails. They also reproduce frequently and easily in the home aquaria. Pick up in Vegas, I can ship but it's not worth it unles you want 50-100 snails. Shipping will be buyers expense of $15.00 fedex.

Thanks.

They mainly eat film algae and detritus. In situations, they are not invasive in a negative way and are favored for cleaning pores in rocks and algae on glass. They are nocturnal and reproduce at a high rate. Google pictures, I can't post pics at this moment. They are about 1/4 inch and are banded like trochus snails.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This thread is 6 months old.. get outa the grave yard.. try PM's instead for old threads :)

on the + side he was active last on march 2nd i think it said....

copepodcomrad

Mini brittlestars, asterinas, amphipods, copepods, and hermits or whatever you could do without i would be very appreciative and pay shipping. Thanks for any replies.

copepodcomrad

@Degener8 The general call for collonista snails still lives on!! :D but yea ill try PMing or making a new thread all together. Thing is, these lil guys always hitchhike and noone actually sells them (i like customizing my own live rock! besides some seed rock). Drift monkey whats the game plan, have you found anyone kind enough to pull them outta the tank for you?

Still looking to get rid of any of these? Anyone else have any collonistas for sale?

Drift wasn't even the OP.. Themac86 was jsut to help ya out with the PM...LOL

reading is very insightful sometimes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived