Coral Vue Hydros

Xenia wall

snookman03

I was wondering what is the best way to get xenia to grow up the wall of a tank. Thanks in advance.

Just super glue a piece of xenia to the wall and wait.

I've noticed xenia like a longer duration of light(at least in my 75G Xenia FOREST OF HELL

I recently cut the light from 10 hours straight to 5 on 7 off, 5 on 7 off, and they started dissapearing

just place the frag close to the wall... low... xenia likes to climb towards the light. Mine always attached themselves to wall and climbed on it's own.

Carefull though... if it gets on your return it could shoot little pieces of itself allover the tank and then you have a problem.

It happened to me... Xenia everywhere. It's the devil I tell you.

bluefunelement

I allowed my xenia to grow onto frag squares - then you can putty the squares to the glass - easy to remove and replace with clean squares for fragging

works for most encrusting or spreading corals

have a xenia frag and push it onto the wall you want them to grow on. In no time, there will be spliting and growing on wall..check mine out :)

Thanks alot to everyone!!!! I may superglue GSP to the glass as well. I thought it would be a good idea to place the xenia on the glass due to my small tank-limited space and that it would look cool. The only problem would would be if the xenia were to block out light for corals below. Thanks again.

bluefunelement, What kind of putty do you use? Thanks.

bluefunelement

Hence the frag plugs- easy to pull off and keep barriers and balance.

Liverock putty works or use a fee drops of gel superglue

Archived