inTank Media Baskets

65 gal Rimless Shallow 6 foot Build

autopro

that's an awesome build. i'm really sorry but i keep noticing the paint job on the walls haha and the missed spots are really throwing me off

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol, I'll have to try this next time I buy corals.

What do you plan on lighting with?

LOL, works great most of the time :P

that's an awesome build. i'm really sorry but i keep noticing the paint job on the walls haha and the missed spots are really throwing me off

;) Don't worry I know I will get to it. The thing is that I haven't finished yet, I still need to finish some more wood work and install the baseboard on, aside from a million other details :o

TheUnfocusedOne

You should really have a disclaimer warning how awesome this is.

I'm at work and I just found this thread. I think I need to change my pants... :wacko:

wow why didn't I see this before!? :P Subscribed! Looking awesome!

I miss a lot of cool tank builds also, thanks for looking B)

You should really have a disclaimer warning how awesome this is.

I'm at work and I just found this thread. I think I need to change my pants... :wacko:

:lol: better do it quick!

This is the sort of tank I'd eventually like to move up to (about double what I have now, but similar proportions). Following.

Although I love my biocube there is only so much you can do, and this size tank is perfect for what I want to do and it won't kill me on the maintenance. :happy:

Beautiful and well conceived, two hallmarks of a great reef tank. Even the rockwork is awesome, I'd call it the shrinking island look.

I love it, i'll be tagging along.

Awesome setup man! Came out really nice! I'm following to see how the lamp turns out. I'm sure it will be as hot as the tank. BTW, what program did you use for those 3d drawings/ renders? I'm going this next summer to Mexico in an architecture class trip. Can't wait

Beautiful and well conceived, two hallmarks of a great reef tank. Even the rockwork is awesome, I'd call it the shrinking island look.

I love it, i'll be tagging along.

I like it! thanks for the compliments B)

Awesome setup man! Came out really nice! I'm following to see how the lamp turns out. I'm sure it will be as hot as the tank. BTW, what program did you use for those 3d drawings/ renders? I'm going this next summer to Mexico in an architecture class trip. Can't wait

Cool, I'm sure you are going to like Mexico. I used REVIT 2011 for the renderings, although I only have the MEP version and not the architectural version. Good luck...

igotreefermadness

Haha that is like a giant version of my tank! I have a Mr. Aqua 12g long its like the same dimensions. Looks like it's well planned. I planned mine for like a month and I still didn't plan it out enough. Anyways, it looks legit. The thing with these ultra long tanks is, if the water somehow gets stirred up, you can make a mess easy. I would recommend sealing that wood and drywall around the tank well, as you will inevitably spill water.

Good luck on the build though, I always dream of having that same kind of tank in my house some day.

• 4 weeks later...
Haha that is like a giant version of my tank! I have a Mr. Aqua 12g long its like the same dimensions. Looks like it's well planned. I planned mine for like a month and I still didn't plan it out enough. Anyways, it looks legit. The thing with these ultra long tanks is, if the water somehow gets stirred up, you can make a mess easy. I would recommend sealing that wood and drywall around the tank well, as you will inevitably spill water.

Good luck on the build though, I always dream of having that same kind of tank in my house some day.

I have been warned many times by the wife :slap: that no water shall spill onto the furniture or the floor so I did seal everything well. I wanted to get one of those Mr. Aqua tanks for my office; they are pretty sweet looking, maybe one day. Do you have a build thread for yours? I would like to check it out.

So I made a little progress for my lights. I got the drivers all wired up and placed in my project box, managed to get 4 strings of LED’s done this weekend and I will work on the others next weekend. I’ll post new pics once I mount them to the aluminum channel.

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

In the meantime I’m still waiting for the cycle to take its course. The ammonia still seems to be there at .25 and I only got a very small outbreak of diatoms. I did put a couple of hermits in there last week and they seem to be doing fine. Hopefully in two weeks I will be able to transfer over my first fish. fingerscrossed

Did you built those CAT drivers?

A friend of mine put them together, all I did was buy the parts and get the boards made, he did all the hard work :P

Man, those drivers are looking really good, I will need your skills to build my lamps, my nano lamp still sucks on aesthetics :S

Man, those drivers are looking really good, I will need your skills to build my lamps, my nano lamp still sucks on aesthetics :S

Yeah but you are the master at electronics B) Thanks for building the drivers for me!

We need some new pics!

I'll get some this weekend, I promise fingerscrossed

Yeah but you are the master at electronics B) Thanks for building the drivers for me!

Well thanks but not really, the real master is DWZ at RC, we just used his design.

Do those sweet little drivers dim? If so what type of signal?

Yes they do, PWZ signal, each driver controls up to 16 LEDs (6X3).

I wish I had your house. The tank is looking like a full 10. The only problem I have with it is your lack or rock. The art of glueing rocks together is very valuable and can really offer the ability to get some big higth as well as making cave like areas. When I got my rocks from marcorocks.com I also got mortar to glue them.

One other thing that really bothers me... What is to keep your child from pouring chocolate milk in your tank?

I wish I had your house. The tank is looking like a full 10. The only problem I have with it is your lack or rock. The art of glueing rocks together is very valuable and can really offer the ability to get some big higth as well as making cave like areas. When I got my rocks from marcorocks.com I also got mortar to glue them.

One other thing that really bothers me... What is to keep your child from pouring chocolate milk in your tank?

:huh: you mean kids actually pour chocolate milk in the tanks??? All kidding aside I really hope this doesn't happen, don't really know how to handle that except for maybe trying to get her involved in the tank so she kind off understands the whole thing and doesn't do that.

My last tank had a ton of rock and this time I wanted more of a simple look with more swim space for the fish. Although I might add a rock or two to the left hand side. I also like to change stuff up that is one of the reasons I didn't glue down my rocks. Here is a pick of my first tank:

PICT0593.jpg

Rabidgerbil38
Well thanks but not really, the real master is DWZ at RC, we just used his design.

Yes they do, PWZ signal, each driver controls up to 16 LEDs (6X3).

Did you mean PWM? They sound like awesome drivers, maybe I'll be asking for some soon if I don't find a way to get my meanwell's to dim down to a moonlight <_<

If at any point she wonders the effect of putting something in the tank she will find out. Also, everyone knows that a young child while throw an object where it cant be retrieved. My best friend's mother has a tank with goldfish. You can easily tell that young kids visit the house by the halloween hill-billy teeth at the bottom of the tank.

Then comes affection, which is the greatest killer of any type of tank. Her love for that cute little fishy will have her wanting to share the things she likes with the fish. These being her dolls, her morning cereal, her orange juice in the morning and her chocolate milk in the afternoon. This is the effect of parents teaching their child to share.

Rabidgerbil38

Yeah, so I've noticed.. How far do yours go? I've been thinking of just using a couple relays and a separate driver (or dc powersource) for the moonlights.

Haven't test it yet, plus I preffer to put moonlights on a different settup, I am currently using those flexible stips of LEDs from ebaym tehy where arround 4 usd.

This are the specs of the driver chip:

DRIVER SPECS

Check page 3..

Archived