SaltCritters.com

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

altolamprologus
*cough* Mandarin food :P

yeah if i had one...joleen is going back to the wholesaler to try to find me a good one, but last week they all sucked so i don't know how soon i'll be able to find one i like...

yeah if i had one...joleen is going back to the wholesaler to try to find me a good one, but last week they all sucked so i don't know how soon i'll be able to find one i like...

Lol Ming and his show size fish :lol:

Brian might be going soon, you can ask him to see if he could pick one up for you

can you post at least 1 pic? plz?

I don't have any recent pics

animalmaster6

Just wanted to say I'm loving the tank so far, it's turning out really nice!

BTW love the new sig! Best one so far.

7f985e125a3a__1300584527000.jpg

2aec7ce21c71__1300584065000.jpg

I'll take better pics Sun night or Mon

Awesome! I love these. Please keep us updated on them!

Also, thought about getting this cute red Squat Lobster today, but idk if there's already too many shrimp & crabs in this tank :(

There are lots and lots of macros and territories in this tank. I think you could add some. Also additional feedings would help.

Just wanted to say I'm loving the tank so far, it's turning out really nice!

BTW love the new sig! Best one so far.

Awesome! I love these. Please keep us updated on them!

There are lots and lots of macros and territories in this tank. I think you could add some. Also additional feedings would help.

Thanks! :happy:

I tried to make it smaller than previous ones :lol:

Definitely will! I just hope it will host something instead of hiding in the rocks to never be seen again (like the white spot <_< )

Hmmm I might get one next week then, but I still want to find the exact species to find out if it grows huge or something. So far, no luck

Squat lobsters do not get big at all. They host Crinoids (they are not giant either). Most will not grow larger than an inch or two.

I know, too bad red crinoids don't live long in aquariums, my LFS has a beautiful red one, and he would totally match :(

Thanks, I didn't know if that was just for some species :)

Bongo had success but he said that is a freak thing that doesn't normally happen :(

Yep, plus his is a different color, different color=different diet :(

No one has been able to keep the red ones alive for long

animalmaster6
omgomgomg I love you AM!

I can recognize some of those critters from my tidepool adventures :D

This is why I need to get scuba certified...

:blush:

Yep that site is awesome!

This summer I am setting up an awesome thread in the Biotopes section. I will be going to the beach in the summer a lot. So what I'm going to do is I'm going to get a 5.5-10 gallon tank to bring with me. I'll catch life and put it in the tank for a little bit. I would observe it then take pics of it. I then release it! I would love for you and other to add to it.

I really need to get SCUBA certified.

:blush:

Yep that site is awesome!

This summer I am setting up an awesome thread in the Biotopes section. I will be going to the beach in the summer a lot. So what I'm going to do is I'm going to get a 5.5-10 gallon tank to bring with me. I'll catch life and put it in the tank for a little bit. I would observe it then take pics of it. I then release it! I would love for you and other to add to it.

I really need to get SCUBA certified.

Lol if I'm slow to respond to something, you'll know what I'm doing :lol:

That sounds awesome! I'm not super close to the beach, but my dad likes randomly going out to the coast, so I bet I could convince him to let me do it :D One of my favorite beaches has some pretty cool tidepools, and certain times of the year has lots of moon jellies. I wish I could live at Big Sur though, stare at the tidepools all day! Have you seen pics of the tidepools there? Filled to the brim with all sorts of life! I really want it to be summer now :lol:

Squared, there's no link to my 55, anywhere.

No link to thread = No tank!!! Thus Yoshii a lier!!! & we let kazooie have his way with your thread.

animalmaster6
Lol if I'm slow to respond to something, you'll know what I'm doing :lol:

That sounds awesome! I'm not super close to the beach, but my dad likes randomly going out to the coast, so I bet I could convince him to let me do it :D One of my favorite beaches has some pretty cool tidepools, and certain times of the year has lots of moon jellies. I wish I could live at Big Sur though, stare at the tidepools all day! Have you seen pics of the tidepools there? Filled to the brim with all sorts of life! I really want it to be summer now :lol:

:lol: In between N-R checking I'm reading DiveBums.

I'm very jealous of your tidepools :P You have sculpins and nudibranches and much more. I wish I had those.

No link to thread = No tank!!! Thus Yoshii a lier!!! & we let kazooie have his way with your thread.

Oh noes D:

My 55 is hideous right now, until I get it cleaned up, no thread

:lol: In between N-R checking I'm reading DiveBums.

I'm very jealous of your tidepools :P You have sculpins and nudibranches and much more. I wish I had those.

Pretty cool site :)

Sculpins are adorable, but I've never seen a nudi in the tidepools, or maybe they were there, I just didn't see them, they like the rocks further out, and the tide doesn't always cooperate <_<

animalmaster6
Sculpins are adorable, but I've never seen a nudi in the tidepools, or maybe they were there, I just didn't see them, they like the rocks further out, and the tide doesn't always cooperate <_<

I haven't looked well until I went "super marine biology fanatic" this year. Maybe I can find some new life.

I haven't looked well until I went "super marine biology fanatic" this year. Maybe I can find some new life.

:lol: Check under rocks, under/in algae and in the cracks

There are often things hiding everywhere! Once I was looking at some algae on a rock, only to have a gunnel jump out at me!

Gunnels are one of the things I need to get. Thanks for the advice.

Gunnels really like it under loose rocks, and often there's some algae covering nearby too