Coral Vue Hydros

Yoshii's 10g Macro & Gorgonian Tank - 5 Years Young (Retired)

yoshii

That's not too much.

Oh and my return pump eats people.

Ok thanks :)

Woo I get to go to wholesaler's tomorrow and pick out fishies :Pfingerscrossed they have a trimma goby!

Lol I just read your post :scarry:

Btw, I got some yellow encrusting sponge today :P

But I accidentally took it out of the water...hope it lives

• Like 1
That should be fine then :)

That's what I was hoping :)

It was on a frag plug with some yellow polyps, the polyps won't bother the sponge, will they?

Today was an interesting day lol At least getting the sponge was a good thing :)

Fine, razor them off the rock on the plug :P

Most corals will sting and harm sponges.

Lol I'll try :) Good thing I have more because I will probably mutilate them hahaha

Hmm ok, thanks AM! Lol I think I have a bad habit of buying livestock for tanks I haven't even set up yet...

lol The more sponges the better!

Yesss! Although my frag tank(it's going in there for now) has pretty low flow..my poor 55, I guess I can steal another PH from there for the sponge hahaha

I can't wait to set up this tank! There's some sponges I've been keeping my eye on at the store for a while, a grey branchy sponge, a orange leafy sponge, some yellow ball sponges, etc omgomgomg

Ok, you know how I remembered one of my 10gallons laying around already had loose rims? (I did say that, didn't I?..) Anyways so I checked the 2 tanks, nope, my hurting fingers can testify that those rims are siliconed in place. So I think, ugh, must have been the 10gal I'm using for my frag tank, so I check that tank, nope, not loose either 0.o Maybe sitting in the heat and cold did something to the plastic? Or maybe I'm just wimpy and can't even get a rim off a tank with my hands. <_<

Oh, here's the new sponge just after putting it in my 10gal frag tank :) Sorry it's out of focus, it was just a quick shot

de0itw.jpg

I love yellow! :)

You can also see the yellow polyps closed up below the sponge

Looks cool.

Use a razor to cut the trim off, it should come of pretty easy.

Take pic's of the wholesaler.

Lol I think I ran out of razor blades..they all got rusted cause I'm too lazy to go rinse them in fw after sticking them in my tank haha

I would take pics, but idk if I can, and my phone won't let me send them to the computer anyways

Nice sponge!

Those polyps look pretty easy to just razor off. DO NOT go into the rock or plug though. Just razor off the ottom of the polyps.

What's so bad about cutting off part of the rock? :huh:

animalmaster6
If there is some sort of rock or material at the bottom of the sponge, never remove it! This could kill the sponge. Make sure when purchasing the dealer doesn't take it off!

They could be "rooted" into the subtrate or rock.

They could be "rooted" into the subtrate or rock.

Hmm ok :) I'll be careful

Got some sick rock today! omgomgomg

Only 2 pieces, but they're both pretty big, I love them! One has TONS of mini feather dusters, the other had some chaeto sp. (the kinda that grows on the rock) on one side, and a little purple and green coralline. One rock I left outside to dry, the other is in my 20gal tank, I wanted to save the feather dusters, so it'll cure in there, and hopefully the dusters will make it. There were also some different encrusting sponges on that rock, but they were out of water for a while and will most likely die off.

I think I might just put one of the rocks (the smaller) in this tank because, 1. the bigger one has trouble fitting in my 20gal, it won't fit in this tank, 2. my goby will love the other one in my 55 and the smaller one looks better for macro growth.

Ugh! I forgot to pick up some phyto <_< Or oyster feast? Idk which would be better for sponges/dusters/etc. I want to get some of John's dry filter feeder food too though

I'll get some pics of the rocks up in a sec

Oooh! And when I cleaned the tanks today I found some more sponges :D

-Yellow encrusting sponge, much bigger than the one I got earlier, and spread out more on a larger rock.

-Orange Ball Sponge, and a black sponge underneath it

DSC02934.jpg

DSC02935.jpg

DSC02937.jpg

^This is the rock I will probably put in this tank.

DSC02938.jpg

DSC02940.jpg

DSC02942.jpg

DSC02939.jpg

Sponge and mini duster tubes(these are all over the rock!)

DSC02943.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02945.jpg

Aiptasia! :angry:

lol that turned out to be more than a few pics :P

Looks good.

How much is phyto down there? It's like $30 for 4 months of it.

Your fingernails are too long. ;)

Looks awesome! :P

For 6oz, I think it's $15, but for 16oz it's $20. I could be wrong on the prices though

Lol does that mean you didn't notice the glue? I did a bit of fragging today, and of course, got glue on my hands