inTank Media Baskets

Gulfsurfer101's fantastic finnex 30g M-tank

gulfsurfer101

gulfsurfer101

Thanks, it's the latest thing I have added. I've moved it to the sand bed since I noticed some bleaching from having too high on the rocks. I just don't like that my pistol shrimp will cover it up certain spots when he burrows. I used some tonga branch to kinda elevate it out above the sand so this wouldn't happen but I have yet to see if that works at all. I have been noticing some freakisly great growth under the boostMU as far as sps goes. My blue tort has almost doubled in sized and is starting it's upward decend on whole new branch that has grown, my larger purple acro colony that didn't look so hot after my winter freeze had some dead spots that had rtn'd that are starting to grow back over and I'm getting good shoot reaching up from the spread across the frag disk and wicked coloration. A larger monti frag that I placed on a rock before I left for Laredo a few weeks ago has attached itself to the rock permantly and is suprising because that sps coral is less than three inches off the sandbed. Must be getting some par down there for such rapid growth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

I got bored with my tank and decided to remove the detritius department that is known as the finnex rear wall cahmbering system. Or basically just removing the rear wall like I end up doing with all my AIO's eventually. So my tank display area is 24Lx18Wx17t, which gives me a pretty good spread and free up some rock for better flow. Now my main concern is cutting down the micro bubbles in the display from the skimmer. If anybody has any advice on how to do this I'd love to hear it.

• 2 months later...

Archived