Pod Your Reef

biocube 29 mixed

asstastic

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

going to pick up $10 niger trigger today

ha i know. My friend wants it but his big tank is still cycling so it will only be in here for like a month

i need to get some new batteries for my camera and ill post some. PS the niger trigger is SWEET. however he has dug a little path under my rocks and has an appetite for snails. he seems to be fine around my coral though fingerscrossed

bwoodward0012

this tank sucks... took a leak in it one night when he was asleep.... bad choice though as the coral looooved it. jk, but def one of the the better biocubes ive seen. havent seen a spike in anything yet, nitrates at 5 (from all those snails that came in the sand?) and everything else at 0, ph at 8.3, dkh at 9, and dont know the salinity cause i need to borrow your refracto again (so much easier when i lived there). gonna hook the sump up sunday, so may need help troubleshooting. so if nothing changes within the next 2 or 3 weeks you can dump the niger off on me whenever you feel hes getting to be too much for your tank.

oh yeah you should make lxsbnz get you a dslr for xmas.... thatd be a kick ass present

so wait, asstastics tank started to leak?

haha no thats my sister fiance that used to live with us giving me an update on his 40 breeder. although the other day my return line slipped off and dumped 3-4 gallons of saltwater out of my tank while i was a school. ive been busy with finals but will give a good update real soon

asstastic, I just installed my barebones kit and WAS able to keep both of my new UVL PC-Rs as well. But I honestly cant tell a huge difference when the T5s are on with the PC-Rs. To me they just arent that bright. Suggestions?

post-49972-1292771753_thumb.jpg

i think my main thing is the actinic pc bulb i run with it off i get a 10kish look with a pink hue. when i turn on the pc bulb i get around a 14k look. im trying to find someone locally with a par meter so i can see what im getting

PS. keep this on the DL but im think of ADDING leds to this set up

only somewhere between 12- 20 of 3 watt CREES tho omgomgomg

i think my main thing is the actinic pc bulb i run with it off i get a 10kish look with a pink hue. when i turn on the pc bulb i get around a 14k look. im trying to find someone locally with a par meter so i can see what im getting

PS. keep this on the DL but im think of ADDING leds to this set up

only somewhere between 12- 20 of 3 watt CREES tho omgomgomg

Nice!!! I would love to see some led's in there. I honestly thought about that too, but just adding one ecoxotic strip. Are you using the Workhorse 5 ballast? Like I said I am not that impressed with the light output so far.

i think im going to order 6 cool whites and 6 royal blues tomorrow and with a 9'' x 4.24' heatsink. and possible order replacement bulb for the pc to a PCR and replace the one 12" t5 that was sent to me broken

i think im going to order 6 cool whites and 6 royal blues tomorrow and with a 9'' x 4.24' heatsink. and possible order replacement bulb for the pc to a PCR and replace the one 12" t5 that was sent to me broken

The UVL PC-R is amazing you will love it!

have $125 from a relative to spend on fishtank stuff for christmas where do you suggest i spend it? 12 LEDS? skimmer? real media basket not the ghetto one i made? anything you can think of that i cant

have $125 from a relative to spend on fishtank stuff for christmas where do you suggest i spend it? 12 LEDS? skimmer? real media basket not the ghetto one i made? anything you can think of that i cant

man thats a tough one, LEDS would be nice but I think a real bedia basket and maybe the aqualife skimmer would be the best. Thats my next purchase, skimmer and basket!!

well its pretty much the same price. either 12 LED retro kit and heat sink. or a skimmer and media basket BOTH. or a 20" cube thats 30 gallons with built in overflow and stand build by advance acrylics with euro brace for $100 and some of my armor of god zoa...... decisions decisions

i wouldnt put any more $$ into lighting, its getting cwazy. else id go all LED with 1 PC-R UVL Acitinic.

I would choose baskets/skimmer/fuge light for water quality imporvement. the 115 is badass.

Archived