Pod Your Reef

biocube 29 mixed

asstastic

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i smell troll

no troll. i have had troubles with their new bulbs and was talking to them to see if they could replace them cuz i didnt want to post pics of it yet and make them look bad but sinceeveryone is demanding i will post the same pics i sent them

you can see the one 454(blue bulb) burnt out. when i first installed it it made a sizzling noise and died. the other bulbs developed black spot towards the ends

post-53023-1288204784_thumb.jpg

post-53023-1288204882_thumb.jpg

Did you use factory reflector? Also does it come with a ballast or do you use the old biocube pc ballast for it? I so want to do this cause the stock pc is just horrible as far as keepin color if my zoas.

lol, just ordered the same retro. I cant wait to get it installed. The tank looks great, definitely gonna follow along

underwater light for chaeto went out. so chaeto is gone now. threw bag of chemipure in there instead and like 5 minutes ago on my local reef forum a tunze 9002 went up for sale for $75. and think im first person to reply cuz it went up 10 minutes before i replied so hoping i get it omgomgomg

just curious as to why you went with the 12" bulbs? I believe the 18 inch bulbs are really only 16 3/4's (or something close to that) would they not fit? Also, did the ballast fit inside the hood?

just curious as to why you went with the 12" bulbs? I believe the 18 inch bulbs are really only 16 3/4's (or something close to that) would they not fit? Also, did the ballast fit inside the hood?

i believe the 18" bulbs are 18". so i might have been able to squeeze two 18" bulbs in there but with the 12" i was able to put them where the stock pc bulbs were under the splash guard. the ballast will fit in the hood but it gets up to 100* around here in the summer so i mounted it out of the hood. highest my temp got in august was 81* (before i got reef keeper light to keep my temp more stable)

just a little tip. leave one of the originial bulb set ups and move the pc to where the reflector comes out and has all the wires behind it in hood so you can keep that actinic bulb for more blue. The what i use for dusk dawn kinda effect. When I have to replace my t5s i will also be ordering a PC-R for there

• 3 weeks later...

IM BACK! little update sorry no pics until tomorrow err.... later today. got rid of a bunch of corals for some bad A sps (ORA and such). currently dealing with a nitrates issue now... sailfin tang is gone and got another clown

Ok I am very interested in how you did this. I cant find a retro kit on nanotuners for t-5's. How much work and know how was involved in completing this retro because Im not very crafty..

Archived