Cultivated Reef

biocube 29 mixed

asstastic

tank has been running for a few months just never started a thread for it or ever really told anyone about it so its time to show it off.

Equipment:

biocube 29

1st chamber 100 watt heater, ph probe

2nd chamber filter floss across top drip tray with cheato and under water light Chemipure

3rd chamber carbon, stock pump, oceanic skimmer, temp probe

aquacontroller jr

red sea wavemaker

reef keeper light

koralia nanox2

LIGHTS:

4 bulb 12" t5 VHO and one actinic PC

Live Stock:

green welso

orange rics

green mushrooms

hammers

frogspawn

feather duster

green birdnest

green digi

orange digi

sunset monti

various zoa (AOG, F & I,kedds red....)

cap

stylophora

purple bansai?

pagoda cup

purple haze monti

rbta

hills have eyes chalice

unkown chalice

fire and ice mushroom

ocellaris clown

True perc clown

sailfin tang (call the police i dont care he wont be here long)

post-53023-1285962127_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

post a pic of the hood with the T5's in....sounds great i have a 14gBC and always wanted to put T5s in the hood but now im running topless with a 18" nova hopefully will have a second soon nice mushrooms

• 3 weeks later...

sorry ive been busy. ill try to get pick up and underwater light came from steve t.

update sailfin is gone, wavemaker is gone, aquacontroller is gone.

ordered digital aquatics reef keeper

sorry ive been busy. ill try to get pick up and underwater light came from steve t.

update sailfin is gone, wavemaker is gone, aquacontroller is gone.

ordered digital aquatics reef keeper

RKL or RKE? What probes did you get with it? Let us know how you like it once you have it set up.

whole tank was kinda looking crappy. everything test ok. but i investigated and underwater light sprung a leak and burnt out and cheato was dying. not sure what kind of impact that would have cuz everything tested "good" dont remember exact numbers but they werent out of ordinary.

and saw a a really good deal i couldnt pass up and picked up a couple sps frags and crazy zoa ive never seen. :ninja:

How do you like the oceanic skimmer? Im looking into skimmers and have heard bad things about them. but its small and cheap so ......

the skimmer... its small and skims. but doesnt skim that great about the color of arizona green tea. and u have to use good wooden airstones and replace kinda often. i plan on upgrading and putting the aquatic life mini in the first chamber. i think you can get them for about $55 shipped. and supposedly there pretty good. theres write ups on them onNR. but personally i wouldnt recommend the oceanic skimmer but if you have it and dont have a skimmer why not run it? thats why i use it for now

got my reefkeeper light in and set up. and I LOVE IT. amazing product for the money. im not the richest person but this is well worth sitting aside $108 shipped.

Have you had a chance to snap some pics of the hood and bigger tank shots?

+1

I've been wanting to upgrade my lighting and am leaning towards T5 more than LEDs at this point. I'd like to see what it looks like under there. Is that the nanotuners 12" kit?

Archived