Coral Vue Hydros

Chalice thread

reef keeper

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha... so does this mean you'll be in-line for when I start trying to frag the little sucker? :P Though it isn't very well visualized in these photos, the little light green spot on the bottom right corner of the 3rd photo is a 2nd eye.. just VERY tiny still. (size of a couple grains of sand, really) I don't know what the heck it is, but I thought it was pretty cool. My girlfriend actually talked me out of the one I was going to buy, which was mostly a tie-dye of green and rusty-red, with a neon orange eye. I opted out partially because the echinata I got today was very similar colors... wanted something unique for the chalice. The eye on this little beast is HUGE... hoping its got an equally huge appetite. :D

I don't feed mine at all anymore, only have one that throws out decent sized feeders and usually way after I'm done feeding the fish, if I had a real tiny or sickly chalice I might but honestly too much hassle to spot feed corals that do fine without it.

I don't feed mine at all anymore, only have one that throws out decent sized feeders and usually way after I'm done feeding the fish, if I had a real tiny or sickly chalice I might but honestly too much hassle to spot feed corals that do fine without it.

That sucks, I was hoping to get this beast a growin.

Actinic shot of the frag my girlfriend got at the coral farmer's market on Sunday.

IMG_1429.jpg

(yes, we know she still has some flatworms, trying to erradicate the rest of 'em :\)

Hahaha... so does this mean you'll be in-line for when I start trying to frag the little sucker? :P

count me in, but you gotta have more then one frag I want a mix of things. I dont like paying 30 bucks shipping for one coral.

btw do you have a sixline ? I got one after I had flatworms and now they're gone :P

She doesn't have a sixline... but I may suggest checking one out to her. They are fun little fish, but she may need to wait until she's fully stocked her tank, as she just has a bangaii cardinal currently, and it is not wise to add fish after adding a six line.

(to be fair, I've never shipped coral before, so I'd be wary of doing so at first anyway. I'm in Anaheim, CA, you anywhere near here?)

Nice^ oh and sixlines are awesome i don't have any trouble with mine hes very peaceful but they have an awesome personality and if you have a lot of rockwork they just weve in and out of the rocks.

Good stuff everybody! I'll play too...

Bazooka Joe

BazookaJoe83110.jpg

Tyree Pink Watermelon

TyreePink83110.jpg

RSI Watermelon

RSIWatermelon83010.jpg

Blue Magic

BlueMagic8810.jpg

Beaker Bob's Original 4 Color Watermelon

BeakerBobs4ColorWatermelon8810.jpg

Tie Dye Monster

RainbowChalice51110.jpg

Grape Watermelon

GrapeWatermelon61010.jpg

Beerman's Alien Eye

BeermansAlienEye71210.jpg

Magma

MagmaChalice7310.jpg

Molten Red & Purple

RedPurpleChalice7310.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have had mine for most of a year:

Was given to me in exchange for fish and whatnot.

IMG_7623.jpg

Original size was about an inch and a half round. Must be about 5 inches from longest end.

• 8 months later...

Archived