Innovative Marine Aquariums

SPS thread

reef keeper

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah does he come out to feed?

no these crabs dont really "feed". they clean the acro from what gets caught in the branches (eating this detritus) and they serve as protection. If i put anything close to it, he gets all bothered and tries to pinch whatever. kinda cute actually. He's really small, maybe .75 cm...

Funny thing. I have an ORA Marshall Island Blue Bottlebrush too and it also came with an Acro Crab! He stayed on that coral though, and seems perfectly happy there.

I will snap a pic of it (the coral) when the lights come on.

mitch: cant wait to see pics the crabs just look awesome in the acro branches.

carlos: i looked it up on google and didn't see anything.

Here is my ORA Blue Bottlebrush, on the ORA plug!

IMG_3309.jpg

And, just for fun, I'm putting up a pic of my main Montipora confusa colony....

IMG_3312.jpg

It's real similar to the spongodes but doesn't put up the signature spongodes towering limbs, it grows in more of a "flame" pattern....another favorite....

Mitch, that blue bottlebrush is Mmmmmmazing!! Don't even have to mention that monty...

How big is that bottlebrush?

*edit ordered 3 acro crabs, they get here on wednesday! Woot, I want them to keep my acros, "so fresh and so clean,clean"

^ Very nice monty!!

ORA BoP

_DSC00541.jpg

Top view of Reefkoi Orange Montipora and uknown but very pretty blue/green/red/purplish acro

_DSC00631.jpg

ORA BoP, ORA Green Bn, Reefkoi orange monty and the uknown pretty acro

DSC_00051.jpg

The bottlebrush is a solid 3 1/2 + tall and 3 + wide. It has grown a bunch since I got it. Colored up too....it was TOTALLY brown when I got it. I need to mount that and a few others in the rocks but never seem to take the time when I have it. I could do some now but have a club meeting in a couple hours. Melev is doing a Speaker presentation for us!

The bottlebrush is a solid 3 1/2 + tall and 3 + wide. It has grown a bunch since I got it. Colored up too....it was TOTALLY brown when I got it. I need to mount that and a few others in the rocks but never seem to take the time when I have it. I could do some now but have a club meeting in a couple hours. Melev is doing a Speaker presentation for us!

That's awesome! It looks like 2 feet tall in that pic! Have fun at the presentation!

cruzh: that is awesome iis it a slow grower?

quiet slow ... I've had the piece for 6 monthish and its still just been encrusting

this was the colony it was fragged from and I believe the guy's had it for at least 15 years

its about 5" tall and 7" in diameter

TyreeLEVerrucosaMontipora1.jpg

animalmaster6
And, just for fun, I'm putting up a pic of my main Montipora confusa colony....

IMG_3312.jpg

It's real similar to the spongodes but doesn't put up the signature spongodes towering limbs, it grows in more of a "flame" pattern....another favorite....

Very nice!!

Montipora verricosa ... its a branching montipora!!

IMG_1153.jpg

Wow I'm not a huge monti finatic but that's awesome!!!

and i just picked this up today!

IMG_1608.jpg

Ooh nice!

The two biggest Acropora colonies I lost in my RTN were my tabling A. desalwii and my ORA Chips acro. When I cut away all the dead limbs both had "stumps" nearly 3 inches wide. They were truly impressive colonies.

Archived