inTank Media Baskets

Clam thread

reef keeper

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

New Crocea... first clam for me. Will take more photos soon... this was just a quick shot from the morning after introducing it to the tank.

IMG_1865.jpg

My 4.5" crocea.

DSCN1398.jpg

My 3.5" ORA Squamosa ( Clam I have had the longest ) Picture doesnt do him justice !!

DSCN1396.jpg

4" Desera

DSCN1393.jpg

My Ultra Maxima's Blue 4" and Gold 2" Not sure if the gold one is ultra grade or not

DSCN1390.jpg

The blue fringe on that Derasa really adds a unique dimension to it... beautiful clams, all of them.

Thanks guys ! Thats why I purchased him, kinda nice feature :D

On a funny note, I think I just seen my crocea poop or something strange. I was downstairs by the 55g I have the clams in then all the sudden the crocea retracts his mantle a bit, then the main part of the tissue like looked like it was gonna explode, next thing ya know he shoots out some kinda turd looking thing at high preassure and it landed in the hammer coral right next to him. It really was kinda amusing :D The whole process only took maybe 3 seconds.

Is my crocea just super happy or what ? Seems like he has a lot more mantle extention than most on here. He is dab smack under a 14k halide in a 55g attached to a large peice of LR on the bottom.

Thanks guys ! Thats why I purchased him, kinda nice feature :D

On a funny note, I think I just seen my crocea poop or something strange. I was downstairs by the 55g I have the clams in then all the sudden the crocea retracts his mantle a bit, then the main part of the tissue like looked like it was gonna explode, next thing ya know he shoots out some kinda turd looking thing at high preassure and it landed in the hammer coral right next to him. It really was kinda amusing :D The whole process only took maybe 3 seconds.

LOL did u get a vid?

sorry i have a ####ty camera. working on it.

from right to left. second clam Derasa 5", first clam cheapo Crocea Vietnam 3in, third clam purchase Derasa 6"

post-51030-1290253665_thumb.jpg

post-51030-1290254224_thumb.jpg

ORA Derasa's 3 1/2" ( 4 total) 4th,5th,6th,7th clam picked up. selling two of them. Maybe. Haha.

post-51030-1290254275_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Archived