Cultivated Reef

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooooooo..........Have any children? With the open risers on the stairway I would worry about Hot Wheels or Barbies landing in reef!

You have done a wondrous job here.

Tank is looking stunning, pure and simple :)

Yeah it is. Amazing. Love the diversity in it. Love the tank itself and your organization of everything in the stand. Wish I was that organized.

IMG_1764.jpg

:bowdown:

Sooooooo..........Have any children? With the open risers on the stairway I would worry about Hot Wheels or Barbies landing in reef!

You have done a wondrous job here.

Well yes, actually. We have this nearly 6month old little geezer here. So the threat isn't so imminent yet although I do have a plan conserning the open risers. Then again, one has to live on the edge (at least a bit) sometimes so I may just wait and see how it works out.

And thank you! :)

Amazing. Love the diversity in it. Love the tank itself and your organization of everything in the stand. Wish I was that organized.

Organised? Me? Not really. It's just that I set this tank up in our living room so I do have some pressure to keep things tidy in order to keep on reefing, if you catch my drift.

And thank to you too! :) I think I'm prety much done adding corals here now. Now it's just sitting back and enjoying the slow growth. This of cource doesn't concern those have-to-have impulse buys that come along every now and then. Plus I need to decide on what wrasse I'm going to get me. And maybe a small sand shifter too. And a tang. And..

Hmmm.........may want to get him a life vest then, seems like my grand daughters at aroun 7 months to a year would be very likely to be hanging through the risers looking down into the tank and playing bomb the fishy, or lets go swimming. :o:D

Beautiful tank, the corals look amazing! Great Job

Thank you!

Hmmm.........may want to get him a life vest then, seems like my grand daughters at aroun 7 months to a year would be very likely to be hanging through the risers looking down into the tank and playing bomb the fishy, or lets go swimming. :o:D

Haha. But there's not enough space for him to squueze through. Not easily at least that is. And the is a gate for the stairs waiting for someone to install. :lol: And he does have a life vest for him. Pretty much a must-have in order to go sailing in the summer + our summer cottage is on an island.

Thanks man!

Got me some new fishes today, along with nice deltec aquascape tongs. Goodbye wet sleeves! So I got me an Amblygobius phalaena to keep my upper layer of sand nice and stirred (+ I really like the looks and colours of it) and a Pseudocheilinus hexataenia. The sixbar is for the wife as I knew she'd fall in love with those funky eyes and wild stripes.

Man, this thing keeps getting better and better. It troubles me more people don't get to see it - clearly it's worthwhile. I guess some hidden gems are good ones though eh? :)

Man, this thing keeps getting better and better. It troubles me more people don't get to see it - clearly it's worthwhile. I guess some hidden gems are good ones though eh? :)

Thank you! I kinda like this hidden gem theory you presented. Maybe this is like tourism, all the best places to go are the ones not already exploited for(and by) the masses. Not that it wouldn't be nice that more people saw my little piece of reef, but I think I'll manage. :lol:

Hmm, not according to google. http://lmgtfy.com/?q=140cm+*+70cm+*+55cm+in+gallons

Is that with rock & sand subtracted or something?

In all honesty I haven't got the foggiest as I didn't do the math on that one. Well, serves me right leaving the numbers to others.

The main display has total gross volume of 142,38874 US gallons and the sump has gross volume of 36,984087 US gallons and with quick numbercrunching there's approximately 0,81893336 US gallons in my piping (net volume). :haha:

So I was supposed to get a rare(ish) green banded Mespilia globulus urchin today, but my fish-guy's wholesaler had mixed up their things and ended up sending him a regular blue one. I was going to settle with that instead until I saw this one nice star.. The rest is history. :lol:

IMG_1955.jpg

Got this nice little Euphyllia glabrescens frag on friday. It's a bad picture I know, but I placed it in the tank so that it's just not the easiest of targets to shoot. Also, added tunze 6100 stream yesterday, and now I can say that this tank has the flow that it needs. I'm currently driving tunze 6100 and 2 tunze 6055 through a multicontroller and boy am I pleased with it!

IMG_1964.jpg

Archived