inTank Media Baskets

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got some work done on my stand today.

IMG_1454.jpg

Sump covered by black 6mm plastic with holes etc routed for equipment/cables etc. 6mm glass over fuge. So I'm minimising any in-stand evaporation

IMG_1456.jpg

Right side of my stand aka. misc. warehouse. Electricity dept. behind the wall.

IMG_1458.jpg

Right end of the stand opens up too. Tunze controller (+any controllers etc to come) mounted on magnet-holding false wall. Electricity resides behind it.

IMG_1460.jpg

Almost done. Needs just the final touches.

3 Pseudanthias squamipinnis girlies has been added to the tank today. The male seems a bit confused, but I'm sure he'll get to the hang of it soon. Pictures pending.

Finally I got it done and hung the ATI fixture to the ceiling. Only took me a fortnight of waiting and ten minutes of doing. :slap:

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

Thanks AM6!

I'm dosing the tank with Tropic Marin Bio Calcium Liquid balling (3 liquids of which 60l/day). I'm also using TM Pro Coral Kalk as I use kalkwasser/lime water to top off. And I also add Mg to my top-off water. Amino acids are added weekly.

EDIT: I don't currently feed corals or inverts anything.

animalmaster6
Thanks AM6!

I'm dosing the tank with Tropic Marin Bio Calcium Liquid balling (3 liquids of which 60l/day). I'm also using TM Pro Coral Kalk as I use kalkwasser/lime water to top off. And I also add Mg to my top-off water. Amino acids are added weekly.

EDIT: I don't currently feed corals or inverts anything.

I'm strying to make of list of what I want to feed and dose, thanks for the input!

Thanks Franklypre! I thought TOTM had to be nano-size to qualify. Thanks for the compliment nevertheless! :happydance: And this here is a LOONG way still from what I have in mind for this thing. :ninja:

Here's some acro shots for you to pass the time. I have 3 more acros, but no pictures yet (too small, too shaded too whatever).

IMG_1547.jpg

IMG_1541.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

So acros are done. Quess we're ready for the montiporas? I'll add LPS, softies and fishes (and maybe even inverts) at some point too.

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1552.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

Hope you enjoy! :)

How do you like the balling? Have you ever used 2 part and would you say it compares?

I've never tried 2part so I really can't tell. But I definitely wouldn't have it in me to manually dose anything on daily basis. So I really do like balling as the dosing unit does all the heavy lifting. I just fill the 5liter jugs when needed. I'm currently dosing 60ml of each liquid per day (total 180ml).

how do you like the BM NAC7? Any experience with other skimmers that you thought it is better/worse than?

I love my NAC7, to put it short. Beats the shizniz out of Tunze and/or Aqua Medic skimmers sold to same tank size (and bigger).

- It's dead silent (you have to check the bubbles to see if it's working).

- It produces a good amount of really smelly skimmate (I run it a bit on the dry side)

- Easy to use and to dial in and adjust to different depths

- It doesn't look too bad either.

The fish list is actually this:

- Ocellaris pair

- Green clown goby pair

- 4 lyretail anthias (1M + 3F)

- Coral beauty

- Azure damsel

I swapped the convict tang to pbt (which died the very 1st night). My LFS compensated the loss by replacing it with the 3 female anthias.

Archived