Cultivated Reef

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dnic and Matt. Thank you both!

By the way I just swapped my old tunze multicontroller 7094 to a new model 7096. So basically I now have waves in my tank! 3x6055 streams along with my return from sump do the basic water movement as my trusty 6100 stream is set on wavemode. 12000 litres/h in 0,58sec pulse gives me a nice +/-2cm wave. Man it makes my polyps look happy!!! Pictures pending.

Tanks Burgerking! One does try. :)

nOrk - feel free to send some my way! On my part I promise to make everyone envious of them as I am of your goodies. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Needs more Aussie SPS imo.

Feel free to send some my way! On my part I promise to make everyone envious of them as I am of your goodies. :D

What. Not even a tracking code yet. :haha:

I really should pull my socks up and get a new FTS taken one of these days. Not that there would be anything really different, but it's a new year and such after all. :lol:

Damn that video came out scraggy. I shot it with Olympus µ TOUGH-6000 (wife's camera) and the video quality really isn't anything to brag about. Could have become better if I only could have shot it underwater - which was impossible due to wavemaker making it impossible to keep hand steady. Maybe turning off pumps next time.. And why on earth can't my EOS450 shoot HD video...

Anyhow, I just installed Aperture3 on my new mini and learning now how to publish some serious eyecandy. :lol:

1st batch through Aperture3... Please think of these as practice only.. My "mad skills" are bound to improve in time (give a few years or so). :lol:

40aa7377.jpg

327ec7c6.jpg

be7f595a.jpg

a62e5f15.jpg

91835ae2.jpg

ac5aefcc.jpg

abf44424.jpg

bee57fa5.jpg

1st batch through Aperture3... Please think of these as practice only.. My "mad skills" are bound to improve in time (give a few years or so). :lol:

40aa7377.jpg

327ec7c6.jpg

be7f595a.jpg

a62e5f15.jpg

91835ae2.jpg

ac5aefcc.jpg

abf44424.jpg

bee57fa5.jpg

These pics are great man, beautiful corals! Im currently setting up a new 135 gallon project tank and i hope it turns out half as nice as your tank

Thanks Joe, and all the best with the new build! Got a thread going on?

nope no thread yet, literally just picked up the tank this past weekend. ordered my hole saw bits from glass holes and plan on ordering my acrylic tomorrow for the overflow. it will be a while before the tank is actually running but thats okay with me, i like the projects so the longer it takes, the more i have to keep myself busy.

the tank is going to be a Peninsula style tank on the back side of my desk dividing the room, kinda hard to explain but pictures will soon show what i mean. I cant wait! (hoping the tank isn't tempered glass on the bottom so i can just drill down instead of the side of the tank. I have to check it tomorrow with some polarized sunglasses and a LCD screen. wish me luck!

:blush: Thank you rb1685! That old little thing? Just something I threw together in a hurry morning. :blush:

Just today I added 2 Fiji Purples into my epic light array, which now consists of:

- 4 Osram 67

- 2 Arcadia Marine White 14000K

- 2 KZ Fiji Purple

Also, I got me some 3 liters of NP Reducing Biopellets. If only I had a reactor available for them.. Maybe next week. I already have a spare eheim pump laying around to be put into good use... Pieces finding their places bit by bit.

Someone may have asked this, but what are you using to take these photographs? Camera, lens, etc?

These photos are just absolutely stunning.

Thank you zgbrown10! :closedeyes:

My pictures are made with following equipment:

- Canon EOS 450D (rebel in US?)

- Canon EF 50mm f/2.5 macro (with Canon Life-Size Converter EF) or Canon EF 50mm f/1.8

- Aperture 3 for some post production fine-tuning (iPhoto until the last 2 sets of macros also shown in that HD YouTube video)

- I usually don't bother turning off any pumps and rarely use my tripod.

That is awesome, I have a Nikon D80 with the lens that came with the kit. Not so great. I need to get a macro so I can start taking better shots. What sort of post production do you do on the photos? Are you shooting these in manual or automatic mode?

Yeah the kit lens only gets you so far.

I just do some touch-up on white balance and exposure plus some detail enhancing. Sometimes some color correction is in order if the intense lighting has distorted colours.

I use manual settings for tank shots. Auto is for basic holiday shots etc.

Scored a sweet deal today at my LFS. Got me a free red/green Favia plate (size of an open hand) and a red four-mouth Lobophyllia. FOR FREE! They have some slight damage from lack of adequate lighting, but I'm sure they'll be good as new in a month or so. Me happy!

Archived