880937bc.jpg

737f83b2.jpg

Tropic Marin SunaFOCUS 8T5 Tronic 8x54W

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pictures.

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

So here's a current FTS (from yesterday) as I rearranged some coral's placement and removed 1 rock yesterday to create more "open" look. However I'm still not 100% satisfied. But at least I have my new sleek light I can always admire if I get disappointed in my aquascaping skills. :lol:

IMG_2102.jpg

And here's one for all you worm ID gurus (who in all likelihood never get to see this :) ). Any idea on this worm(?) that lives inside my montipora casting out it's net every night? The "cave" is 2mm in diameter?

IMG_2057.jpg

I have quite a few vermatid snails, but they all look the usual like this. And the one I'm asking lives in that "bump" almost center of my montipora picture above. Could it be the same species? Makes me kinda doubtful.

Yes I dip them in Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure prior to placing them in my tank.

I have quite a few vermatid snails, but they all look the usual like this. And the one I'm asking lives in that "bump" almost center of my montipora picture above. Could it be the same species? Makes me kinda doubtful.

Yes I dip them in Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure prior to placing them in my tank.

I've been reading a lot on hitchhikers and worms. I'm pretty sure it's of the Vermetidae species. Which one exactly, I'm unsure about. I'll try to research it a bit more. You've caught my attention now.

Thanks Mitch! Seems you were right on the money with Vermetidae snails. worship.gif

It was just the shell form that threw me off, but seems that it's a pretty widesubfamily with many different species.

IMG_2102.jpg

That's an FTS to be proud of. Have you put this tank up on NaziCentral or anywhere else? It definitely deserves to be seen by the greater audience.

Thanks Mitch! Seems you were right on the money with Vermetidae snails. worship.gif

It was just the shell form that threw me off, but seems that it's a pretty widesubfamily with many different species.

No problem. And nice tank! B)

Nork - I have my tank presented here and one Finnish forum only. I'm a proud member of RC with a staggering post count of 0. :)

Spanko - Who needs the greater audience? You guys are a great audience!!!

I've been reading a lot on hitchhikers and worms. I'm pretty sure it's of the Vermetidae species. Which one exactly, I'm unsure about. I'll try to research it a bit more. You've caught my attention now.

I have one in a sunset monti. I am pretty sure it is a vermited because I have others. I think based on the shape of mine that the coral has encrusted the shell of the snail.

BEAUTIFUL tank!

Still no new pictures. But I just placed one more 6055 in the tank (2nd hand cheapo) and ordered me a new multicontroller (Tunze 7096). And now I'd like to know whether anyone here uses, has used, has seen in use, has heard of in use it's wavecontroller mode (channels 3 and 4) without a wavebox. My stream setup now consists of 3x6055 and 1x6100 so I thought of having the 6100 oscillating on very small intervall at 100% power, while letting the three 6055 along the return pump do the "moving of" water. Any ideas anyone? Or should I have posted this on general area instead to gather some actual responses? :lol:

I'm not too familiar with the Tunze controllers, but in a general term if the large pump is doing the bulk of the current alteration with the smaller ones there for baseline movement you will tend to have a pretty good basis for flow. The big one will have more penetration power than the smaller ones so it affects more of the tank, then the smaller ones can be directed as needed into pockets of lower movement to keep circulation :)

Let me give you.. 5inch yellow tang fresh from QT. And 1 shot of the kole too. He's perfectly healthy and doesn't have any spots.. It's just the cloudy water from heavy mysis, garlic, spirulina and cyclop-eeze lunch.

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

Thank you CruiZe & Fewskillz! Much appreciated!

Sweeping the stairs? Not going to happen. :P They are vacuumed once per week though and wiped down with a wet microfibre cloth. So there's no dust etc coming down from the stairs. And we don't dave any furry creatures roaming around the house, so I don't have to worry about that either. In the future I might have to fish some matchbox cars from my tank though.. But they're reef safe, right? :haha:

And oh yes - I picked up this porites sp. rock today with some nice christmas tree worms on it (red, blue, green. Maybe a yellow too). I bet the suspense of waiting for a half decent picture of it isn't going to be too much for anyone to handle. :lol:

Archived