Coral Vue Hydros

ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha

Aquanist

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i fell off my chair. oh wait, i don't have a chair, i have a standing desk. Well I fell in a faint.

:rolleyes:

great update!

beautiful pictures

Cheers mate!

Whodathunk it - the Funnish can actually keep reef tanks? Glad to know that things ain't changed much since I last stopped by... :)

Whodathunkit indeed. Us Funns are wondrous people that way - I am at least. I try to steer a steady course here, so no changes to come.. I did swap the Aqua Medic reactor to TLF PhosBan equivalent though. Just to make things match in the cabinet you know.

So how's you project coming along? Still in "limbo"?

Whodathunkit indeed. Us Funns are wondrous people that way - I am at least. I try to steer a steady course here, so no changes to come.. I did swap the Aqua Medic reactor to TLF PhosBan equivalent though. Just to make things match in the cabinet you know.

So how's you project coming along? Still in "limbo"?

I wouldn't call it limbo per-se, more being too busy with life and unstable :lol: I am picking up an IBC (1000L of water storage for NSW) on Thursday, so then I can finish off the plumbing and fire it up. Not as a display though, strictly propagation for now.

In having said that, I will have a DT soon. A much simpler, much less stressful one. Instead of focusing on SPS which has been my focus for a long time, I'm going back to something more relaxing. Let's just say I miss nanos... ;)

Finished the understairs cabiet today. The part left of display holds 18,5 gallon ATO reservoir, 18,5 gallon remote cryptic fuge and 3x4 gallon balling reservoir along with my dosing pump unit and some hidden electric fittings.. Turned out ok IMO. The whole system opens up from the whole front panel as well as 4 individual top modules.

0948fb1b.jpg

And here's an updated sump photo.

910b63d0.jpg

(rocks from pump section are to be moved to the cryptic fuge still.

saltwatercoral
Finished the understairs cabiet today. The part left of display holds 18,5 gallon ATO reservoir, 18,5 gallon remote cryptic fuge and 3x4 gallon balling reservoir along with my dosing pump unit and some hidden electric fittings.. Turned out ok IMO. The whole system opens up from the whole front panel as well as 4 individual top modules.

0948fb1b.jpg

And here's an updated sump photo.

910b63d0.jpg

(rocks from pump section are to be moved to the cryptic fuge still.

I see u have 2 reactors... Are they Phosphate and Calcium? Tanks looks SICK as always my friend!

saltwatercoral
LEFT = biopellets

RIGHT = carbon + GFO

What is the function of these? Still trying to figure all this stuff out! I have the same exact Phosban reactor. Only 1 though. Trying to find out if I shout put phosphates in it or some otjher media. Or should I get another one and do what you have? Or have 3 and run biopellets, carbon and calcium? HMMMMM

In aww. :bowdown:
Your Duncans look happy! :happy:
The tank is looking amazing, great job!
Great setup

Thanks guys! All feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

The duncans are positioned for good light and gentle indirect flow. They really seem to like that. They also grow insanely fast so I have some fragging to do AGAIN in near future.. B)

How do you like the biopellets? I'm thinking of getting a reactor.

I swear by them! They lowered my nitrate and phosphate load significantly when I started their use. I can't remember the exact values, but I thing my nitrates came down from 10-15ppm to 0,0-0,5ppm in the first 6 weeks and have been insignificant ever since even though I've ramped up my feeding.

Just remember that you need to give the pellets a full month time to seed properly before you expect any improvement and - even more so - plumb the reactor exit near skimmer intake. This way the majority excess bacteria (along with absorbed nutrients) gets removed instead of getting back into the system. Pellets without skimmer is a definite no no unless you're experimenting with NPS feeding.

I hope this helped you along.

altolamprologus
New page needs new pictures.

da969670.jpg

dd334de6.jpg

2f073f29.jpg

Gorgeous as always :wub:

I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but do you have a full stocking list? I see the anthias trio, clown pair, cleaner wrasse, and damsel. Anything else?

Gorgeous as always :wub:

I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread, but do you have a full stocking list? I see the anthias trio, clown pair, cleaner wrasse, and damsel. Anything else?

Thanks Altolamprologus!

My fish list is:

• Zebrasoma flavescens
  • Paracanthurus hepatus
  • 4 Pseudanthias squamipinnis (1M+3F)
  • 2 Amphiprion ocellaris
  • 2 Gobiodon histrio
  • 2 Pterosynchiropus splendidus (M+F)
  • Labroides dimiatus
  • Centropyge bispinosus
  • Crysiptera hemicyanea
  • Atrosalarias fuscus

I'm still contemplating on whether I could push it a bit further and get 3-4 green or blue chromis... :unsure:

NewZealandReefie

Wow... I feel border line overstocked at 12 fish in my 90g.

Looking lovely Aquanist, some great growth going back over some of your older shots.

Looking lovely Aquanist, some great growth going back over some of your older shots.

Thanks! I'm pretty satisfied with the growth as well. Could be better, but I feel safer this way with moderate balling 50ml/day/liquid. Params are stable and within norms so why change it.

This has to be one of the best tanks around right now, far more impressive than the current RC TOTM.

:blush: That's saying pretty much, if you mean the RC november TOTM. I do admit the geezer has pretty butt-ugly plywood stands, but when it comes to the tanks.. Well let me put it this way - what you said makes me feel honored enough to think you were just joshing with me. :lol:

Anyways - some good karma caught up on me yesterday as I was given a free Acan lord colony (25+ heads) from the people who bought my previous 60 gallon tank with all the bits and bobs.. I've given them quite a bit of free frags of various kinds during the last year or so. So they rang me up yesterday and asked if I was home..

9dae745d.jpg

5c27cd4c.jpg

Archived