Coral Vue Hydros

Tangs and Macros

animalmaster6

animalmaster6

Hi,

I really, really want to include some macros in my 125g Display (Refiugium too of course but that doesn't have tangs lol). The thing is I'm having a few blennies and tangs.

They include

- Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny

- Red Spotted Blenny

- Barnacle Blenny

- Desardjini Sailfin Tang

- Mimic Eibli Tang

I'm not worried about the blennies as much, more the tangs.

So what macros can I get that the tangs and blennies won't eat? Macos for display ot food.

Are there any macros I can get? I don't think I can get red macros because tangs love that.

What about codium or neomaris? Nemastoma?

Thanks!! :)

johnmaloney

fish like caulerpa anyway, it would be gone quick. tangs and angels will eat caulerpa over gracilaria any day. especially french angels...they go crazy for caulerpa. halimeda is your best bet and other calcifieds. Padina is an exception, it is too lightly calcified I guess, it gets eaten quickly.

animalmaster6
fish like caulerpa anyway, it would be gone quick. tangs and angels will eat caulerpa over gracilaria any day. especially french angels...they go crazy for caulerpa. halimeda is your best bet and other calcifieds. Padina is an exception, it is too lightly calcified I guess, it gets eaten quickly.

So they won't eat halimeda?

Just edited the first post to make it a little clearer.

Actually they will eat halilade. Its supose to help there digestion. Its just not that much. May be inportant to have in the tank.

Ps my name is john paul & I'm stupid :)

animalmaster6
Ps my name is john paul & I'm stupid :)

:rolleyes: Sure... lol not true.

I had some dragons breath in my display and both of my tangs left it alone.

Awesome Thanks!N I love that macro :happy:

Penicilus (sp?) Should not get eaten. I may be wrong.

Thanks! I like that too :happy:

I put some prolifera in my 125 and the bi color angel and tangs ate it with in a few days...put some red spotted and flame and they didn't touch it...the Brotycladia Uvaria was eaten as well <_<

I have a kind of caulerpa that looks like racemosa without the grapes in my sump...when a piece floats into the main tank the hippo and yellow tang snatch it up....hmmmm I wonder about Codium...I shall expirement with a piece and back with ya :P

Seems like nothing will eat the caulerpa!

I gave some Halimedia opuntia to a friend and it was eated in no time by the tangs, even if it was the larger one with thick bony structure.

Hi,

I really, really want to include some macros in my 125g Display (Refiugium too of course but that doesn't have tangs lol). The thing is I'm having a few blennies and tangs.

They include

- Two Spot Bimaculatus Blenny

- Red Spotted Blenny

- Barnacle Blenny

- Desardjini Sailfin Tang

- Mimic Eibli Tang

I'm not worried about the blennies as much, more the tangs.

So what macros can I get that the tangs and blennies won't eat? Macos for display ot food.

Are there any macros I can get? I don't think I can get red macros because tangs love that.

What about codium or neomaris? Nemastoma?

Thanks!! :)

animalmaster6
I put some prolifera in my 125 and the bi color angel and tangs ate it with in a few days...put some red spotted and flame and they didn't touch it...the Brotycladia Uvaria was eaten as well <_<

I have a kind of caulerpa that looks like racemosa without the grapes in my sump...when a piece floats into the main tank the hippo and yellow tang snatch it up....hmmmm I wonder about Codium...I shall expirement with a piece and back with ya :P

Thanks Maria!

I love Red Spotted and Flame so that's great news.

Looking forward to the Codium results. :happy:

Seems like nothing will eat the caulerpa!

I gave some Halimedia opuntia to a friend and it was eated in no time by the tangs, even if it was the larger one with thick bony structure.

Hmm. Guess no halimeda.

Archived