Top Shelf Aquatics

300 ml custom pico.

CosmicAquatics

haha!!! GREAT TANK!

u know i love these kinds of systems!

i run a similiar, albiet smaller system of appoximatly 75ml. but its sitting empty as of yet....just havnt found that perfect peice yet ya know?

heres a pic i snapped the day i finished it:

DSCN1626.jpg

YoctoFTS2June3rd2010.jpg

YoctoFTS4June3rd2010.jpg

^^^^ cool! does it have a tiny sump or an aio? lol, plankt0s, i call dibs if you ever sell it!

I signed into this thread because its the focus of another article online discussing the viability of really small reefs and that really got me to thinking. lots of setups come and go in the tiny reef side it would be a really neat thing for someone to simply not give up until something like this works, the volume is a real challenge.

what do you plan to keep in the tank>?

no one is successfully keeping one as small as these two. not just setting them up, but keeping them to obvious age so there is a fair challenge there and motivation to do well with the setup.

at least you aren't bumping elbows in a crowded room ~

thesmallerthebetter
no one is successfully keeping one as small as these two. not just setting them up, but keeping them to obvious age so there is a fair challenge there and motivation to do well with the setup.

at least you aren't bumping elbows in a crowded room ~

yo brandon!!!!

haha. i just set up mine for fun. its running....just empty. i still havta work out some kinks (new pump, aqualifters suck, and some form of micro peltier, my LEDs get WAYYYY too hot, despite the whole hood being a heatsink)

eventually i want to stock a few frags of high end softs (hornets, maryjanes, blue xenia) that kinda stuff. but its on the back burner with my 1/4 gallon running and everything :P

CosmicAquatics

I hear you on the viability of one of these lasting long term but really its not that difficult. Ive started just changing the water everyday. You are correct that aqualifters do suck... well the problem is that the dont suck, without being cleaned every other day.

thats cool because you have found a method that works certainly and from here on out you can aim for designs that lessen your work load as they reveal themselves to you. not that a few mils change is work lol

do you plan on keeping it going for a while or is it something you would eventually take down and incorporate into a larger reef? no harm there either, but with as much work as you've put into it it seems like you are going longterm

and you have a lot of people watching man thats a heck of an impetus to get your innovation boots on~ good job on getting the forums talking and your fabrication work.

CosmicAquatics

Well these corals wont be going into a larger reef because I already have some other really big systems. Ill keep this going just because it is fun and kind of challenging. Ill keep this thread updated as long as there is interest. I might make a mini sump for the stand to filter out stuff that keeps clogging the aqualifter but I think its probably just a build-up of bacteria and a prefilter wont help that at all... I do have some small pumps, maybe that will be my next step. Any input?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
CosmicAquatics

Ill get an update up soon. Its still going and the polyps have grown too! Im kinda lazy when it comes to getting pics up... Sorry.

• 2 months later...
thesmallerthebetter

just checking in....any progress or changes? it still around?

this was an awesome little build.....

LETS SEE THE PICS!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived