SaltCritters.com

マングローブラグーン

Giga

gonna get started on making the islands tomorrow(oh wait it is tomorrow lol) and finish the sump n overflow to get that out of the way. I'm also gonna order a bunch of extra mangroves to experiment with them. I don't know if any of you are familiar with real bonsais(I'm sure you all are) but a couple of styles are these.

This is where I get my idea from some what

bonsais.jpg

I'm also goona try and get some to grow super long root and then try and bond them to the rock work like root over rock style

bonsai2.jpg

anyway the potential is there I just hope I can deliver-anyway off to bed

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you've got a tank of the month on your hands the second you do it.

still can't believe how much rock that was.

you've got a tank of the month on your hands the second you do it.

still can't believe how much rock that was.

thank you. The rock only cost me like 2$ a lbs and free shipping-whatever I don't use I'll sell/trade it locally

if your going for the root over rock technique be sure to check your wire i know alot of wire for bonsai can have lead or copper possibly other heavy metals. mabe zip ties would be a better fit to work with good luck. it looks like you got some great ideas with this tank.

if your going for the root over rock technique be sure to check your wire i know alot of wire for bonsai can have lead or copper possibly other heavy metals. mabe zip ties would be a better fit to work with good luck. it looks like you got some great ideas with this tank.

lol I would never use copper or any type of wire. will most likly use a cloth or something reef safe

this is what I want to do when I know what I'm doing in this hobby... just started a 20 gallon tank, so maybe in a few years. :)

tagging along for ideas...

lol I would never use copper or any type of wire. will most likly use a cloth or something reef safe

actually a good idea, wouldn't have thought about it... but maybe hemp rope/string, so you can get the roots to "bark-over" when it is on the rock sooner. I dunno, just another idea.

this is kind of like the volcano tank that I saw on a different forum, except his isn't heavy on the mangroves, just one huge mound of rock and a few waterfalls from the "volcano". looks cool though.

this is what I want to do when I know what I'm doing in this hobby... just started a 20 gallon tank, so maybe in a few years. :)

tagging along for ideas...

actually a good idea, wouldn't have thought about it... but maybe hemp rope/string, so you can get the roots to "bark-over" when it is on the rock sooner. I dunno, just another idea.

this is kind of like the volcano tank that I saw on a different forum, except his isn't heavy on the mangroves, just one huge mound of rock and a few waterfalls from the "volcano". looks cool though.

yeah that thread is acually on here somewhere-it's a awsome thread

I'm gonna try red black and white for the root over rock idea and see what happenes

This is such an awesome tank already. Love the dimensions...love the idea even more.

You're not too far away either!

I'm definitely following along on this one. Great stuff so far.

no real update yet as I'm still working on the isalnds-It looks so cool so far and I'll have lots of pics soon

On another note I'm still decideing on my lighting for the sps island and I don't know what I want to do. I like the thought of led's the color combo of t5 and the color of sps on MH :huh:

here's a led project i've got on the back burner

led002.jpg

led006.jpg

no real update yet as I'm still working on the isalnds-It looks so cool so far and I'll have lots of pics soon

On another note I'm still decideing on my lighting for the sps island and I don't know what I want to do. I like the thought of led's the color combo of t5 and the color of sps on MH :huh:

here's a led project i've got on the back burner

led002.jpg

led006.jpg

When you going to post some pics?

This is going to be a really really cool tank :happy: .

I probably missed it, but how many gallons is it?

Konolua - Volcano Tank

the main tank is just under 35 gallons AND I HAVE A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT-SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE-I think :mellow:but you'll have to wait till tomarrow

the main tank is just under 35 gallons AND I HAVE A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT-SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE-I think :mellow:but you'll have to wait till tomarrow

that is just cruel.... :o

:o:o :o

That's so mean.... Where is the DISLIKE button?

Archived