SaltCritters.com

マングローブラグーン

Giga

Looking forward to seeing it up and running. Mangrove tanks are always interesting.

it's gonna kinda be a hybrid paludarium just with the tank full of water and not half full. With the left island sticky out and mangroves and other plants growing out. I'm gonna have a area filled with Fiji mud that mangroves and plants will grow out of-and hopefully some small peaceful red/purple fiddle crabs I'v got on order. Here some pic of kinda what my tank will look like just salt water.

This is basically what i'm going for-the two islands with big open swimming space between

palas.jpg

pala2.jpg

pala3.jpg

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This Paludarium thing is startin' to become a craze...

I like the progress. ;)

Reef On, Brotha! B)

This was my idea to do from the start way back when I started getting into reef tanks(2007), but was to scared to try something this crazy. So after 4 tanks I think I can handle the scope of making this tank a work of art and a happy ecosystem

so.... making progress here

don't mind that it's a messy pic I had just built the tank. Gonna wait 6 days clean the tank up then put it on the stand-also gonna order some macro rock from bulk as soon as they get shelf back in stock

tankbuilt005.jpg

got my glass for the overflow and just order 50lb of macro rock and mag/calc/alk kit form BRS(arrives the 23rd so with-in the next two week we will be wet! my battery is dead so pics to come in the next day or two

Where did you get that light fixture from? I'm looking for a cool one for my par 38

Yeah I had the same problem too-so I built it out of three different spot lights

here's an older pic when I had two set up

dscn2625.jpg

Great idea Giga. I think some live crabs and other water/land stuff would be great. For the mangroves making some type of mister would be even cooler and make a rainy effect! This way your not having to mist them so much.

-Dave

Great idea Giga. I think some live crabs and other water/land stuff would be great. For the mangroves making some type of mister would be even cooler and make a rainy effect! This way your not having to mist them so much.

-Dave

I'll have a couple small safe fiddler crabs that will most likely live on the land/mud part(I hope) and then the little sps island on the other side of the tank. I thought about a mister thing but the fact that it could get on the equipment of cause rusting n such I don't think I'm gonna do a mister/fogger

animalmaster6
For the mangroves making some type of mister would be even cooler and make a rainy effect! This way your not having to mist them so much.

-Dave

That would be awesome!!!!!!

Archived