SaltCritters.com

gutterguys breeder,beer and bbq

gutterguy

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys thanks, gatz been following yours.

Steelers getting #7 this year!!!

That would be awesome. I just hope the O line is in better shape now that they had some time to rest.

Came home from work this afternoon and found the Hectors goby....In the tank!!!

IMAG0547.jpg

IMAG0551.jpg

IMAG0548.jpg

Hes pretty cool to watch, picking and sifting the sand.

Cool hectors goby. I have his close cousin the rainfordi. What does your prefer to do sift or pick algae?

Hes only been in the tank for a little over 24 hours now and out of that I have only been able to watch him for about 10min. I have not seen him pick at alge but he seems to be sifting the sand pretty often. Its pretty neat, you see him eat some sand and then it passes through his gills.

That's good he's scavenging already. Let me know if you get him to eat any prepared foods and what if you get to take anything.

Just fed Rods to the tank and watched him pick at some small particles about 3-4 times then go back to sand sifting, then hit another piece of food, hopefully thats a good sighn.

Jeffro, does your rainsford hide alot or does it stay out in the open?

Right now mine is staying towards the back and sides, if no one is near the tank for a while it will venture out towards the middle of the tank, but staying near the rocks.

My wife wanted this fish and I was skeptical because I wasnt familiar, but I am so glad we got it. Plus it was only 11.99

My little rainford is alway hovering around and totally visible. Not scared of anyone bigger and no one bothers him. He's only like an inch long. So he's probably the smallest in my tank as well.

My little rainford is alway hovering around and totally visible. Not scared of anyone bigger and no one bothers him. He's only like an inch long. So he's probably the smallest in my tank as well.

Mine is about an inch and a quarter, I hope becomes less skittish

How do you like that SCWD on the back? I've heard they go out fairly quick.

So far I really like the SCWD but it has only been running for about 6 weeks. fingerscrossed

Do I spy a sexy shrimp?

That's an awesome frogspawn! Still one of my favorite corals.

That's a beautiful fish you've got. I'm looking forward to hearing about the eating patterns over the next few weeks.

Yeah, I have a pair of sexies, I think next time im at the lfs im going to pick up 2 more. I cant believe something so small is so cool. I had a hard time spending the money on them but they are so worth it.

The Frogspawn is cool. That is actually a 6 head piece that i seperated into a 4 head and two head. There was a seventh but i crushed it during the process, and now i have 4 small pieces from that head. still opening and growing..Also I just sold the 2 head.

So far on the hectors goby, when i feed, wheather its rods or pellets, it takes like 2 bites then goes back to sifting.

Does yours eat reguarly? and how often do you feed?

All mi e does is scavenge. It won't even look at food twice. I knew what I was getting into and I'm pretty sure he'll have plenty of food to keep him healthy.

animalmaster6

Awesome Hector's Goby and I love the new scape. Hector's Gobies can be very hard to get eating prepared foods. A large microfauna population is critical. This is a good sign that it's taking bites of prepared foods though.

Reading people's threads I start to get excited! I have a 25 gallon somewhat out of sight because I'll want ot set it up. Your thread has been of great interest to me. Now, question, your sump, you had egg crate on top and over one of the baffles. you removed this? What was the function and why did you remove it., I am borrowing your sump idea.

Reading people's threads I start to get excited! I have a 25 gallon somewhat out of sight because I'll want ot set it up. Your thread has been of great interest to me. Now, question, your sump, you had egg crate on top and over one of the baffles. you removed this? What was the function and why did you remove it., I am borrowing your sump idea.

Thanks for checking out the thread. As far as the eggcrate I have put it back on the baffle before the return pump to keep snails out. (I have a few snails and hermits in the sump) but they still get buy. And the top piece I just did that because i had the material and thought that maybe if I had that i could use as a shelf, but would be a major pain if it was there.

Thanks again

gg

Thanks tudra

Recieved my coral penny auction stuff yesterday. Im am imrpessed!

Red/orange/purple acan

IMAG0562.jpg

Wild baboon zoas - They are a really deep purple. They are fully opened now but not in pic

IMAG0557.jpg

Eagle eyes. So far they still seemed a little pissed.

IMAG0563.jpg

By the time shipping was done, it was not a great deal but about the same I would pay at a lfs

Also check out my little clown. You can see his spot is growing over his back, and now getting black edges on his fins

Before

IMAG0453.jpg

After

IMAG0561.jpg

Did a WC today. This is my skimmer cup after 10days

IMAG0560.jpg

For some reason it smelled worse than any I have smelled before.

Nice photos!

If you don't mind me asking how much did the penny coral auction stuff come out to total? I figured it was a scam.

With overnight shipping it was under $61. I could have won a few more auctions to add to the shipping but wasnt paying attention. thats the whole idea. Try to win as many auctions to combine shipping. If I was able to win 1 or 2 more and say cost me a few bids then it would have been a great deal. If anything they are making good money on it, but if you watch and with a little luck you can get some nice stuff for a good price.

Like I said to, very impressed with the product. Better than anything I can get at my lfs's

Archived