Coral Vue Hydros

Bongo Shrimp's 25g Tide Pool

Bongo Shrimp

Bongo Shrimp

Oh Rouge's great. He's such a pig. Whenever anyone walks near the tank he flicks his little lure to see if he will get fed.

I don't really do favorites but I think he's my favorite. Very personable and it's fun to tell people to go look for the tennis ball sized fish and they can never find it until I feed him.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nimwafrica526

how large is the fish?

if i didnt know about angler fish i would have never known it was there till it moved

Bongo Shrimp

Thanks!

He is about the size of a tennis ball. It is fun when I have people over to tell them to go find the tennis ball sized fish in the tank. No one can ever find him. Then I feed him for them...

And yeah I never really wanted one until I started seeing how beastly they are. I don't care if you have a snake or a scorpion or a tarantula- These fish are just about the most beastly pet you can have.

He's pretty chill by the way. If I'm careful I can pick him up and either move him or just hold him in my hand like my first angler in the beginning of the thread.

Thanks!

He is about the size of a tennis ball. It is fun when I have people over to tell them to go find the tennis ball sized fish in the tank. No one can ever find him. Then I feed him for them...

And yeah I never really wanted one until I started seeing how beastly they are. I don't care if you have a snake or a scorpion or a tarantula- These fish are just about the most beastly pet you can have.

He's pretty chill by the way. If I'm careful I can pick him up and either move him or just hold him in my hand like my first angler in the beginning of the thread.

Bongo, aren't you worried that the tweezers will hurt him? He grabs pretty hard.......

Phil

Bongo Shrimp

No because I doesn't so much grab as he sucks. Frogfish use a vacuum to suck in there food more than they actually grab it. As long as I hold it lightly he can usually only get the tips pf the tweezers. But if I have to, I can just close the tweezers and slide them out.

It works the same way as this slingjaw wrasse but anglers have different shaped mouths:

Or like this more closely related stone fish being fed by tweezers like I do:

Bongo Shrimp

Yeah, it's my red serpent star. When ever I feed he comes over to get some food. He actually eventually does make it all the way into the video but I cut that part off.

Most of the time he just sits under or near the angler fish waiting for... you know. :rolleyes:

lol pretty smart star

your angler is sick! its kool to see him wisk around his lil angler as if hes lewering(spelling lol) you in!:)

Bongo Shrimp

*Luring ;)

And yeah, when ever I or pretty much anyone comes up to the tank (and especially if I open the lid and put my hand up there for any reason) he starts flicking his little lure.

He also does it right when the lights come on or if I shine a flashlight on him at night. Such a unique trait...

*Luring ;)

And yeah, when ever I or pretty much anyone comes up to the tank (and especially if I open the lid and put my hand up there for any reason) he starts flicking his little lure.

He also does it right when the lights come on or if I shine a flashlight on him at night. Such a unique trait...

^ their ya go. spelling and working on satuday mornings never mix;)

but yea your thread makes me want an angler! theyre awsome were you get yours from and round how much?

I got him from my LFS before it closed :tears:. And sorry but I don't like to give out prices. Nothing personal.

Koo:)

so this guy reefsafe? i mean if it was the only fish in the tank?

Archived