Cultivated Reef

Bongo Shrimp's 25g Tide Pool

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bongo Shrimp

Better. Still waiting for him to eat... Going to get some ghost shrimp for him to see if that will get him started again.

• 2 weeks later...
Bongo Shrimp

Yeah so Waldo kicked the bucket a few days ago.

Somehow I was able to pull some strings to get this killer.

Meet Rouge-

photo-7marked.jpg

I need to get him eating frozen but it is rumored that at the wholesaler he ate live ghost shrimp.

And not new but...

Rainbow Yuma:

photomarked.jpg

And a crab-

photo-9marked.jpg

BTW these pics are terrible because I took them on my phone :/.

• 2 weeks later...
omgomgomg + omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg = omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Nice.

Hey Bongo, I just picked up some Sympodium this week. Are there any special requirements or things I need to know about it? Also, am I correct in assuming it's a type of Xenia? Normally I would look it up but there isn't much info on it online. Digging the tank btw.

Bongo Shrimp

Thanks. I THINK the sympodium is a type of xenia but may be wrong. Like you said, not much info out there about it. The only thing I can say is that it grows faster when an angler fish isn't knocking over almost daily. It basically has the same care as GSP in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Well so far so good. The best news is that the Rouge no longer needs to eat live fish. He now eats whole frozen formula one cubes! :D

I don't think there is anything else as healthy on the market! I can't believe he eats them.

Mr. Microscope

Symposium is it's own coral. Looks like a cross between cloves, gsp, and xenia, but I don't think it is related to either of them. Cool addition. They're kinda rare. I think care is just like any softy. Medium flow and light.

Check out this video of Rouge eating a thawed out frozen formula one cube!!!

I took it with my iPhone (in vertical mode for some reason). I'll upload an HD video soon.

• 2 months later...
Bongo Shrimp

Wow this needs an update.

So right now, I just got home from vacation and I will be doing a water change tomorrow.

Only issue with this tank currently is this weird brown slime stuff that is a little out of control. It is not like cyano which covers things like a spiderweb. This stuff is globby and stringy. Might get a pic before I syphon most of it out tomorrow.

Archived