Innovative Marine Aquariums

R.I.P. Swayd's 20L!

swayd

not fine at all, lol its crushed coral but a smaller than the stuff you see in the bags

I dont know how to explain it

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fishneedit.com

24 inch 4 bulb T5HO is only $99 plus $10 for shipping in Ca.

and they were available 2 minutes ago.

Haha I am located in Livermore, ca over in the east bay

I might look into that, but theres a 150W halide with two T5 on here somewhere I am trying to get lol

I added sand

pics coming soon

its 10lbs of a coarse sand like crushed coral with like some orange bits here and there

and then I got like 4 lbs of regular crushed coral with the same orange bits here and there

I think I am going to put some more of that coarse crushed coral cuz my sand bed is like .75"

and I want like 1.5" lol I am just going to get another 10lb bag

The only thought I have on the MH is that you would def need to hang this. The 4 bulb T5 sitting 4 inches over the tank is A LOT of light. And if you upgrade the bulbs like most people do you will have SICK PAR!

A halide over this might be a bit much if you have it sitting on top.

From what I am reading, 20 or so inches above the sand for a T5 setup is pretty good. You would probably need to go a bit higher with the halide.

just my thoughts - I am no lighting expert.

It was just one of those ideas that was bouncing around in my head lol

Now I know for sure that I am going to use a T5 setup.

probably a cheap one off of ebay for now!

I should be getting a picture up today of the tank with the sand in it now but other than that everything is all good :D

Well everything is still going by S L O W L Y and I have been good and not added anything to the tank yet! All params are still the same, and everything else is looking great! Some of the LR is already seeded and growing algae, even without a light yet!

I been thinking real hard and this is what I have come up with for future livestock:

-Yellow Watchman Goby

-Flame Angel (maybe)?

I have been taking pics but my phone wont load them, sorry!

Well everything is still going by S L O W L Y and I have been good and not added anything to the tank yet! All params are still the same, and everything else is looking great! Some of the LR is already seeded and growing algae, even without a light yet!

I been thinking real hard and this is what I have come up with for future livestock:

-Yellow Watchman Goby

-Flame Angel (maybe)?

I have been taking pics but my phone wont load them, sorry!

Hmmm I probably won't put the angel in, I've heard that they are most likely to nip at corals in a smaller tank, but I could be wrong.

Beautiful fish though :)

• 4 weeks later...

So progress has been real slow, if you can even call it progress lol. Still have nothing but LR in the tank...

I was thinking about adding another modded AC70? Would that be too much? Or shoould I just stick to one AC70?

• 2 weeks later...

So I am finally getting a light tomorrow!!!!

I am getting a 36" 190 watt VHO... Each bulb is 95 watts each...

Is this too much light?

I will be hanging it about 13" off the tank.

I need feedback please, I am getting these no matter what but if they dont work I am going to have to figure something out!

:D

Sorry for such slow updates!!!

Its not a name brand fixture

It was "professionally" made by some one down in LA and a friend of mine is going to trade it for some corals tonight

I got the light... and it looks amazing!

My buddy hooked me up with this 2x95watt VHO fixture with the hanging kit.

The bulb combo is actinic white and super actinic.

I will post pics as soon as I get it hung up.

My buddy also gave me:

3 Wave Point T5HO bluewave(color) bulbs 54 watts 45" bulbs

2 Giesemann power chrome pure actinic T5HO 54 watt 45" bulbs

1 Giesemann power chrome actinic + T5HO 54 watt 45" bulb

These will probably go on CL because I have no use for them.

Archived