Cultivated Reef

ToXIc's RSM130D

ToXIc

well finally here it is... friday evening after 6hrs driving i picked up a RSM130D that have seen better days and a ton of supplies and testing equipment..

well enough banter here are some pics...

(you can see before pics on this thread.. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=241308 )

on with the rest..

all cleaned up..

DSC02082.jpg

DSC02083.jpg

finally after the sand settled...

DSC02106.jpg

DSC02107.jpg

so i picked up 8lbs of LR and 40lbs of LS from the LFS while the other LR that came with the RSM is cooking...

i've also got some freebies on the LR

can you help identify..

some kinda coral..

DSC02103.jpg

2 clams; a sponge and some kinda orange stuff

DSC02105.jpg

a rock urchin?

DSC02104.jpg

my LR thats been cooking since sunday..

DSC02110.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks... it took a while.. but used hot tap water and 1.5 G of vinegar soaked with skimmer and powerheads on for about 16hrs then scrape and clean...

ReefDreamz

should be "cooked" by now....

Great start and I will be following....

What are your ideas for this tank?

Livestock options? Any mods you want to do? Coral options?

i'm gonna have to boil the rock unfortunately.. yesterday when i took the pictures i could count 4 pieces of aiptasia after i scrubbed the rock and placed it into the tub days ago...

i havent really planned anything for the tank yet.. it will all depend on my aquascape..

thanks...

i boiled my rock yesterday... man that was nasty.. was covered head to toe with bio junk when i took an air hose to it..

gonna sun bleach/dry it for a day then put it back in the tub until the ammonia and nitrates nitrites levels go down.. before putting it back in the tank..

scape 3.0

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02196.jpg

DSC02197.jpg

and some additions

DSC02191.jpg

DSC02194.jpg

my lazy ass scarlet

DSC02198.jpg

also have a yellow tail damsel that was playing peek-a-boo so i didnt get a pic of it..

Your moving a lil fast... it's been 7 days and you have some crabs and a fish. Slow it down. Damsels are aggresive so keep an eye on him :)

redkneecoral

i like your rockwork

I am looking forward on seeing what you'll do, so i am tagging along for the ride

Tank looks good dude, I was in the same boat.. you can see mine in my sig :)

Following this to see how things turn out.

coral ideas yet??

If it was me, I would do a bunch of GSP over the volcano on the right side, with a rose anem in the hole at the bottom, plating montiporas on the top left, mix in some acans on the different levels and zoas on the bottom... it would be KILLER...... ok enough of my dreams... yours??

cheryl jordan

ToXIc

Tank looks to be coming along nicely, but why is there a fish in there already ?

Even if you added a cycling product, you still need to cycle the tank. If you add stuff too quickly or too much at one time you will probably have problems.

It is a beautiful system enjoy :) But enjoy slowly for a couple of weeks.

i know... :(

dont worry i wont add anymore until its ready...

one reason i got the fish is cause i never had and ammonia, it went straight to nitrates and nitrites

check my attached log..

WaterLog.htm

cheryl jordan

Just do not want you to get disappointed or frustrated, by adding things too early. I know the temptation is killer but worth it in the long run.

:)

got some more stuff

1: some toys for the RSM...hydro flow and Koralia Nano and some other stuff

my Damsel loves the new currents....

DSC02207.jpg

DSC02212.jpg

and got some more LR from the LFS with some freebies... it put pics on the Identification section.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry2933390

and scape 4.5

DSC02208.jpg

DSC02213.jpg

oh yeah... and the best part.. i got some brown algie on my sand... whoo hoo...(the hermit crabs are keeping it at bay) the cycle is almost done...

Archived