inTank Media Baskets

1.5 Gallon Pico Idea

Slafav

I recently acquired a 1.5 gallon Tetra aquarium and wanted to start a pico tank. My idea was the shape the live rock into the shape of a tree and place green star polyps covering the sand bed like grass, and green zoas all over the upper parts of the rock to look like leaves of the tree. What light requirements would I need to make this happen? I'm doubting that the six small LEDs could handle such a task, so what is the minimum amount of light I could get away with on this project?

Wow, yet another Tetra 1.5!

I have that same tank, I am using 26 Watts of this PC lighting about 4 inches above the lid of the tank. Seems to be enough for the low light corals in there.

I began though with a Coralife 50/50 10 watt bulb that just screws into a standard socket. Also seems to be enough for low light corals

I Like the idea of a tree shape for your rock.

Following this build.

Friar.

thesmallerthebetter

if its the tank im thinking with the little led arm heres what i would do for lighting.....

1. cut off the head of the arm, but leave the arm part

2. get urself a little 2" square black heatsink....

3. rig up 2 3w crees to the heatink, run the wires down the arm, use the same switch, swap out the power supply....and wallaaaaa

completly stock looking but high powered (well, for this application) lighting for the tank....

just a thought tho

That would be a cool idea. Wish I had thought of that!. Yeah, the driver could go in the bottom, underneath the tank.

Friar

85firebird

Ive got the same tank aswell and its in the cycling process right now. I love how it sits on my desk and in my dorm room perfectly.

Archived