Seabass's 17.4 Gallon (taken down)

seabass

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone! :)

I didn't know that they are chameleons.

072910a.jpg

As soon as it swam away, it changed light blue. Sorry, I couldn't get a good pic while light blue (and cute).

I did find this barnacle cluster at my LFS. It should make a nice home for Benny the Blenny.

072910b.jpg

I'll probably cut some of the clusters off to make it smaller.

I also picked up some Krylon Fusion (black gloss) for the PVC plumbing.

072910c.jpg

animalmaster6
+1--really cool idea :D

You've been +1ing me a lot today :lol:

I can't wait until you get that skimmer and mud Seabass.

I just mixed in figi mud with sand. That stuff is a pain to get it to separate and spread it out.
I'm thinking that I will mix it with some sand (like cookie dough ingredients) to form a less sticky mess. Then I will place the 'dough balls' throughout the bed. IDK, maybe it won't be that simple. :unsure:
I'm too scared to drill my 60p.
Thanks, I've never drilled a tank before. Unless it is tempered, I wouldn't worry too much.

I was going to practice first, but figured that it would just add more work. I read a few write-ups first and went for it. I think the key was to go slow, don't put any more weight into drilling than the weight of the drill, and let the bit do the work (it slowly grinds through the glass). It probably took around 15 minutes a hole (drilling less than a minute, lifting the bit to let the water enter the grove, and drilling some more). Send me a PM if you'd like more details.

My skimmer is here! :)

073110b.jpg

Plus a 300W Finnex Deluxe titanium heater, without thermostat (to be used with a controller).

Archived