inTank Media Baskets

new-b-reefers LED picotope (pic heavy!)

new-b-reefer

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
new-b-reefer
I think the light should be fine for what you want.

Your tank is much shallower, which makes a difference.

yeah, picotopes are not very deep. its been over 24 hours and already noticed a difference in my corals :D

shrooms, zoas, all are loving the light. and my blue damsels color is insanely neon blue :)

Builder Anthony

I really like flouresctents for wacthing the tank.I just like the way it lights up your room if your useing blue.I have to pick up one at a thrit store of something.Leds are so dam bright it hurts my eyes.I worry about fish and other things as well.I dont hink that light is good for them.Maybe a few hours a day wouldnt hurt.Corals seem to like it though.I like the fixture but everything is overpriced as uasual.Thing should cost like 50 bucks with bulbs.

lawnmowerblenny

it is like 50.00 what are you talking about?

I bought one the week they came out and got it for $55 shipped

I'm sure with all the discounts and prom codes out there you should be able to get one for 45-50

More photos when you get a chance!

Im intrested to see how the hammer does under this light...

new-b-reefer
Looks great. Nice work

thanks for all the kind words and compliment everyone :)

and definitely more pics to come :D

gonna be time to break out the digital camera lol, i been using my phone to take all these other pics :)

new-b-reefer
what kinda camera you got? DSLR?

its just a canon powers shot 750

but takes much nicer pics than my MyTouch 3G slide :)

new-b-reefer
I wish they made a T5 HO setup that small. Nonetheless, it looks like a good fit over the tank. B)

yeah that would be cool. it already looks like its ho. thing is putting out alot of light over this lil pico. i took some of my little frags out of my nc28 cf quad and put them in this pico under this light and they responded better to this light than they did to the 105watt cf lol. t5 always seems to put out a better quality and intensity of light than cf does though and the tank is so shallow being a 3gallon ;)

i think this light is going to prove to be a great fit for the picotope as it already is :D

lovin it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
new-b-reefer

day 350

here are some pics and a few night shots of the ricordea :) (the pics are from my phone so they arent the best, sorry, still not bad though)

i added my rio mini sun deep sea blue led for a night light so things are glowing and i tried to get a picture. still doesnt do it justice, the ricordea glow like crazy.

F.T.S's

IMAG0488.jpg

IMAG0489.jpg

IMAG0490.jpg

ricordea night shots :)

IMAG0484.jpg

IMAG0485.jpg

IMAG0486.jpg

• 1 month later...
new-b-reefer

Thanks for the compliments :)

I like the trumpets too. And they like the t5 ;)

And the damsel does look big in that picture. He is a happy and personable fish. Had him for a while. Entertaining little guy. A perfect fit for his own lil pico reef :)

• 4 weeks later...
new-b-reefer

Ah my poor tank, we just moved and that means I had to move all three reef tanks and my freshwater tank. My poor pico reef is having a hard time adjusting between the move and the heat. Its summer and our house is more inland and it can get hot. The pico seems to be re couping. I lost my ricordea shrooms though :( the other corals are adjusting now. And its running lid less for now to battle the heat during the day. Top offs every day :(

• 3 weeks later...
new-b-reefer

picture update. most everything made the move. lost my ricordeas but all else see to make it. i put the ac50 fuge back on. was running the stock filter for a while and had the fuge on my 20 but switched it back over :)

here are some new pics :)

IMAG0574.jpg

IMAG0575.jpg

IMAG0576.jpg

IMAG0578.jpg

IMAG0579.jpg

new-b-reefer
still looks cool :)

thanks, during the move i found mushrooms that were spreading all over the place. its all filling in real nice :)

Archived