Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mirage's 40 Gallon breeder (New Pics 3/31/14)

MGDMIRAGE

Nice!

Things I like: The tank, especially the rockscape, your fish, and I saw a really nice picture of what looked like a bird or paradise birdsnest?

Things I don't like: You lost your cherub, sorry man :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up another 40 Breeder today at the $1 a gallon Petco sale. Going to build a stand for the breeder and use this new breeder for my sump.

• 4 weeks later...
Nice pics shawn!Whats the acro in the first pic?

I wish i knew, the person i bought the original frag from sold it as a teal tabling acro. I'll show a pic to Kevinpo and see if he knows, he is like an SPS genius.

Yeah it is tabling just wish i knew exactly what it was. It has always had a nice green color at once point it was nearly fluorescent green.

Thanks you two. Yeah the eel has been a good boy hes been in an open top tank for like 2 years and never tried to get out.

Shawn your wrasse is amazing....I am really tempted to try one of this guys here....but my Barebotton system limits too much my microfauna :angry:

Hails

D.

Nice pics shawn!Whats the acro in the first pic?

Looks similar to a piece I have, which is an Aqua delight acropora.

Mirage, this tank looks great!

I want a Candy cane coral colony that big! Mine only has three heads. How long did it take for yours to become a colony like that?

I've had it about a year and a half, only fragged a 3 head piece off of it. It had about 5 heads when i got it. It is about 6"x6" now. I like it but man it takes some serious room in the tank.

Sweet looking FTS there man!

I didnt read the whole thread but do you dose?

I'm lazy, I add seachem reef complete and keep an eye on alkalinity. I keep calcium about 420.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My new friend a Copper Banded Butterfly, eats frozen mysis with gusto.

IMG_78601280x853.jpg

IMG_78411280x853.jpg

IMG_78141280x853.jpg

And one of the Starry Blennie he isn't often in open water for me to take a pic.

IMG_78251280x853.jpg

Archived