Cultivated Reef

Mirage's 40 Gallon breeder (New Pics 3/31/14)

MGDMIRAGE

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple more, i had just fed her she was stuffed and decided to show off.

IMG_71861280x853.jpg

And my weirdo fish.

IMG_72141280x853.jpg

IMG_72091280x853.jpg

redkneecoral

love that wrasse

this maybe a dumb question, but asking anyways. Are those file fish reef safe.

neat looking fish

love that wrasse

this maybe a dumb question, but asking anyways. Are those file fish reef safe.

neat looking fish

Some are some aren't, they are kinda like the dwarf Angels. Most of the time when they aren't reef safe they decide to eat Zoanthids, but since i'm kinda getting out of zoos i don't mind too much. I got him mostly for their reputation to eat aiptasia and mojano anemones. He has already eaten one mojano so far.

Great thanks. I haven't been posting or too active cause school has kept me pretty busy.

New project coming up soon that will replace this tank =) This breeder is going to be a planted freshwater tank eventually.

I love leopard wrasses, and had a female just like yours in my 75. I sold her though when I moved to the 40b however, thinking she wouldn't like the smaller space too much.

Actually, heres one of the only pics I took of her. She was also a great eater and took anything from mysis to NLS pellets:

P3270064.jpg

Gonna be awhile, going to do some things different.

Amazing pictures of amazing fish!!!

Very nice man!!!

B)

Thanks David, been awhile :) Can't wait for your tank rebuild.

Yes, it has!

Thanks man... I can't wait either! B)

• 1 month later...
what goes on?

Still just contemplating tearing this tank down and transferring it to my 90 gallon i have sitting in living room waiting to be drilled. Or maybe just keeping the 40 up and seeing what i can make of it. Part of me wants the bigger tank, but part of me doesn't want the extra responsibility, but i do want a tang really really bad.

Bummer of a day, lost my little cherub pygmy angel. He apparently jumped into my overflow and ended up in the sump with the clowns. The clowns were put in the sump because they hate that angel and chase him almost to death. In his trying to get away from the clowns i believe he found his way into the return pump. Poor little guy, will miss him/her. He/she was one of the prettiest healthiest cherubs I had ever seen.

Im the same way especially if i have a "connection" with my fish. I think id cry if i lost my seahorse..

Yeah if my leopard wrasse would have died i probably would have.

Bummer of a day, lost my little cherub pygmy angel. He apparently jumped into my overflow and ended up in the sump with the clowns. The clowns were put in the sump because they hate that angel and chase him almost to death. In his trying to get away from the clowns i believe he found his way into the return pump. Poor little guy, will miss him/her. He/she was one of the prettiest healthiest cherubs I had ever seen.

:(

Yeah I'm going to wait awhile and pick up a baby flame angel if i can find one. I really like the behavior and swimming patterns of the angels, they are really fun to watch.

Archived