ReefCleaners.org

Mirage's 40 Gallon breeder (New Pics 3/31/14)

MGDMIRAGE

Great tank, and beautiful coral. Kind of camera ya got?

Thanks! Camera is a Canon T1i usually just use the stock lens but those pictures were taken with my Tokina 100mm Pro macro lens.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
redkneecoral

what an amazing looking pix you have tanken. I love it

And really love your rockwork, those arches what i would kill for in my tank

• 6 months later...

Yep new light should be here tomorrow, back to T5s never was happy with the metal halide, pics very soon.

Picked up a 6 bulb 36" T5HO fixture and bought some new Giessman bulbs for it.

First things, Glad you are back, where ya been.

I've never really had any thoughts of going MH. I'm so happy with my 4 bulb T5s, ATI's are what i using.

I do have to ask you this, would the 6 bulbs be too much for ya 40. The only reason why I'm asking is cuz sometimes I think my 4 bulbs might be too much cuz of how often i have to scrape off algae from my glass almost everyday.

• 3 months later...
animalmaster6
Thanks AM, easy to get the two mixed up but that one is a Hector's.

As a goby fan I don't know what I was thinking :lol: :lol:

I forgot about the stripe differences :rolleyes:

Thanks Rehype it took awhile for the SPS to settle in but it seems like they are moving along now. The thin branch birdsnest on top of arch was a fairly small frag few months ago.

I plan on adding about 5 or 6 more SPS maybe more, then i'm going to work on clams and acans, hopefully my cherub angel doesn't eat clams :)

SPS i plan on getting for sure are Red Planet and a Purple Bonsai, always been a couple of my favorites.

Re-did my overflow, works much better. Pics to follow. Also probably picking up my filefish tomorrow.

Looking good!!:) I'm doing a 40 breeder myself soon... thanks for sharing!

Thanks, are you going to start a thread soon about it? Can't wait :)

I like the overflow you made, did you find plans for it online or fabricate it yourself? reason I ask is I have a 40b that's full of freshwater right now, but I'm wanting to switch it to Salt, didn't want to buy a hang on the back overflow kit.

Thanks, originally got the idea from someone from Reeffrontiers.com. I think the person's name was Kingneptune on there.

This is my second setup with this overflow and it works alright. Main reason i went with this setup versus an overflow box is that this has a very small in tank footprint. It's never given me any trouble i've been using these type of overflows for about 2 years.

Having said all that i recently changed my overflow as in changed it 3 days ago. I'll post some pics soon but i'm actually liking the new setup better and its an even smaller footprint. Each drain can handle more now too, the older one was a bit restricted for some reason but now each drain by itself can handle my return running full bore.

Thanks!

She is so much fun to watch, always cruising around the rocks looking for a meal. I lucked out too and got one that eats frozen like a pig. Typically they are difficult to wean over to frozen but i have her eating 3 different types so far: gut loaded brine shrimp, mysis, and cyclops. Basically they are a non jackass version of a sixline :)

The Angel is in love with the Wrasse for some reason, follows her everywhere never attacks or anything just follows constantly. Actually pretty fun to watch the two, Angel mirroring the wrasse both picking at the rock but both after different things. The Angel after algae the Wrasse after pods :)

Hey your tank and your coral are looking amazing! And on that note, what camera are you using? And what lens? If you don't mind me asking. :)

Thanks! Camera is a Canon T1i usually just use the stock lens but those pictures were taken with my Tokina 100mm Pro macro lens.

This was on pg 3 or something. :)

Archived