Pod Your Reef

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

Thank you!

Go for it :) Kids love reef tanks!

I need to buy another mini fan for this tank (I lost one, and one is for me).

This tank and my 10g have been around 80-82*F this week, and right now at work some of our smaller individual tanks are at 83-84 :scarry: so I'm worried when I get home it's going to be 84 or higher

Lol what type of fan do you use? It's super hot here too

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol what type of fan do you use? It's super hot here too

Just any little mini fan that can be "aimed" at the tank.

Usually I put on on my bookshelf which is higher than my 10g and 3g, and I aim it slightly downwards so it blows across both tanks

Haha I'm no zoa master, but thank you!

I'll be posting more shots during the next few days

Can't wait to see them. They truly look amazing in your tank (:

I've always liked my GSP :) Some of it is covered because I plopped a rock with zoas on top of part of it. oops. The zoas I just collected the little pieces that have fallen off or are too small to sell from one of the coral tanks at the LFS.

IMG_657922.jpg

Here's putting the other new pics on this new page

IMG_6570r-crop.jpg

IMG_656722.jpg

I LOVE these zoas! :wub:

Thanks :) Im trying to make the right half of the tank be more Zoas and softies, with the left side being more euphyllia and a few sps

Everything is looking fluffy and awesome tonight :)

Just in time for this tank's 5th BIRTHDAY TOMORROW! omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

I'll wait til tomorrow to put up the FTS :P

5th birthday FTS coming later today :)

Meanwhile, this is my new white delta tail betta! I love him! He practically glows in the tank (you can actually see part of the tank behind this pico in the most recent cell phone FTS a few pages)
IMG_660522.jpg

IMG_663522fix.jpg

So I guess I should have wiped the front more because this FTS is really of poor quality, sorry guys!

I'll get up more pics soon to make up for it :)

IMG_6656resizedBDAY.jpg

So now you guys can finally see the new rock! I think the left side actually looked cooler without corals on it, but it's a nice place to put all the stinging corals so my poor acans will now be out of their reach

wow those are some pro-level pics! that betta is unreal, do fancy ones like that cost more?

Pico looks just a good to though, congrats on 5 years running :D

just wondering, but what do you plan on doing with it once you move?

Maybe one day I'll be as good as u lol

I'll take that as a complement, thank you!

Anyone can make a great reef tank, I'm sure yours will be great with work and time :)

wow those are some pro-level pics! that betta is unreal, do fancy ones like that cost more?

Pico looks just a good to though, congrats on 5 years running :D

just wondering, but what do you plan on doing with it once you move?

Thank you! I'm glad they swim pretty slow haha

They cost a little bit more, but they are not expensive, I can't remember the price, but it was definitely under $20

And I am proud of the second one because I just used the stock lens and on-body flash and I didn't really have high expectations

Thanks again :)

I originally planned on just taking it with me and breaking down my other tanks, but now I'm thinking about this:

Hey guys, I know I mostly talked about it in my 10g thread, but since I'm moving to San Diego in the fall, I've had to think about what's going to happen to my tanks. I'm going to be in an apartment, so I originally thought of just keeping this tank, but using the move as an excuse to swap out the tank itself for a Marine Contour 3g glass AIO.

But the most I think about it, the more I want to do a combo of this tank and my 10g tank. I'm thinking macros with some softies, photosynthetic gorgs, and maybe some lps.

But macros need more physical space, so maybe I should "upgrade" to the 5g Marineland tank?

As of late I've been really inspired by various old TOTMS featuring softies, and I will always love collecting macros. Put those together and I would have a small, easy to care for nano tank :)

I would have to get a new light also, which would be the hardest part. Macros look absolutely awful under my current led light. I would like to do t5s, but other than a little coral life 2 t5 mini fixture I have laying around, I can't find a fixture that is more powerful

What do you guys think?

Wow! Can't believe this tank is 5 years old. Very impressive, Christina. Love the new photos! Everything is so vibrant. Such a colorful tank :)

Also, I LOVE that betta. What an amazing color variation. Also, your photography is amazing as usual. :)

Wow! Can't believe this tank is 5 years old. Very impressive, Christina. Love the new photos! Everything is so vibrant. Such a colorful tank :)

Also, I LOVE that betta. What an amazing color variation. Also, your photography is amazing as usual. :)

Thank you Felicia! :) It seems the time has just flown by haha

I'm excited now I have room for even more corals :haha:

You wouldn't think a solid color betta would be so pretty, but I just couldn't pass him up! Thank you :)

WOW can't believe I've just found this thread.. Happy birthday BTW.. Best get reading

(Probably because I didn't start posting in it again until recently :P)

Thank you!

Five and alive! Congrats! I always enjoy your photography.

Thank you :D

Happy birthday tank! 5 years, wow.

And that Betta is amazing, what a beauty.

Thanks Kat!

I'm so glad I got him! So purdy :wub:

That solid colored betta is definitely beautiful. I like the unique ones like that. Makes me want to start collecting bettas. Its probably a good thing you can only do one per tank or I'd have too many :lol:

That solid colored betta is definitely beautiful. I like the unique ones like that. Makes me want to start collecting bettas. Its probably a good thing you can only do one per tank or I'd have too many :lol:

I'm trying hard to resist setting up another tank for a betta haha

I think the only thing limiting me is that I have no physical space for a tank. After all, my betta tank is sandwiched between the 3g and the wall!

I'm trying hard to resist setting up another tank for a betta haha

I think the only thing limiting me is that I have no physical space for a tank. After all, my betta tank is sandwiched between the 3g and the wall!

I'm kind of itching to set up a betta tank on my desk at work again. That's where my original betta was but then I upgraded its tank to have more room for plants and other fish, so then there wasn't enough space and I moved it to my apartment. Maybe I should get a little 2-3 gallon betta cube for my desk at work again :lol: We have a problem! Btw, where did you find that solid white one? My current one was just from Petco :lol:

I'm kind of itching to set up a betta tank on my desk at work again. That's where my original betta was but then I upgraded its tank to have more room for plants and other fish, so then there wasn't enough space and I moved it to my apartment. Maybe I should get a little 2-3 gallon betta cube for my desk at work again :lol: We have a problem! Btw, where did you find that solid white one? My current one was just from Petco :lol:

Go for it! :D I think my tank is around 2-2.5 gallons and also has a ghost shrimp, a few white cloud minnows and a baby guppy.

I got it at Baja Reef, we've started stocking more bettas. We still have 1 white delta tail left ;)

But if you do set up another tank and you're looking for another betta, let me know and I can get you almost any betta you want!

jedimasterben

we still have 1 white delta tail left ;)

The last time I saw a solid white betta it sold for $1k, I don't even want to know how much its being sold for lol. I love it though, wish I could get it!

The last time I saw a solid white betta it sold for $1k, I don't even want to know how much its being sold for lol. I love it though, wish I could get it!

O.O I think we're selling them for $14.99 or $19.99

Archived