Cultivated Reef

Yoshii's 3 Gallon Pico Reef

yoshii

PICS! :D Sorry they're so late, I'm tired, still have to go do dishes, but I want to go to sleep

also, sorry for so many pics of the new mushrooms, I was trying to get the color to show, but it didn't work.

In real life, they are a nice bright green! :D Oh, and they're kinda unhappy right now because they got jumbled around in the bag and I accidentally poked em and stuff a few times. Although I'm kinda worried about one of them in particular, cause I think I might have ripped it base/foot/whatever some and IDK if it will heal. :/ But they were free so it wouldn't be a big loss if they dont make it :)

Also, I was talking with another guy who works there and he gave me his card and told me he could hook me up with some purple deaths!! omgomgomg

He's cool, we talked for a bit, and I told him about me setting up my pico (he doesnt like small tanks lol) but later in the day he gave me a really nice dry branch rock piece that he thought would look good in my pico :D

DSC01626.jpg

DSC01627.jpg

^The color is not really like this!! I'm shining a flashlight on these because they are acclimating in a dark bucket

DSC01628.jpg

It's kleeeeen!(well, the inside is, the outside is a different story :P) This is my 10gal frag/quarantine tank were these guys will be staying until the pico is set up

DSC01629.jpg

DSC01630.jpg

^Thee awesome rock (btw, for size, it's on the lid of a IO 5gal salt bucket)

DSC01633.jpg

DSC01634.jpg

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01636.jpg

DSC01638.jpg

DSC01643.jpg

DSC01644.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01648.jpg

DSC01649.jpg

DSC01650.jpg

DSC01651.jpg

In the tank! Sorry for so many pics of the same things, I was trying to get the color right :( Which didn't happen. These are a beautiful bright green!

Although the palys pretty much look like that in real life, I love them already!

DSC01654.jpg

^I think this rock is going to look great!

You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message

BUT I LOVE SMILIES! :tears:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, just play with your white balance on your camera. it might have a white balance preset function in which you point to something white in the tank and preset to that. this way you can take accurate pics of stuff under the lights in your tank :)

nice stuff in those pics btw!

Pictures :)

I got back from walmart a while ago, but had to eat dinner and now im doing yardwork so I couldn't update for a bit.

So I ended up only buying 4 things for this tank, a food container to make the filter/fuge, a thermometer, a light timer, and some super glue gel. I couldn't find a small heater, a clip-on light (for the fuge), or a tank background(I was planning on cutting up a black/blue 10gal background).

DSC01666.jpg

All the stuff :D

DSC01665.jpg

It will go behind the tank

im really wanting to start a pico soon. im gonna do the same kinda fuge as you

:D You should! I love it already and I don't even have water in it!

Yeah, it seems really simple and I think its better(and cheaper) than a AC fuge because you can chose from different container shapes and size, it adds more water volume to the tank, and you can customize it easier. :)

Oh, that reminds me, on the container it says is hold 35cups, how many gallons is that? :lol:

i think its time for u to build a LED light system =P

That would be awesome except I have no DIY skills :P

although my dad certainly does, do you think you could give me a link to a page/thread where I could find out how to do this?

Ohh when I was at walmart today I was in the lighting DIY section and I saw a par16 bulb, then a par 20 bulb then a par 30 bulb, but no par 38 :( Idk what kind of fixture I would put that kind of bulb in anyways

mbarton2010

the guppy is kind of an experiment. im gonna acclimate about a month while my pico cycles, then put it in. ive heard it can be done quicker but why risk it? it will be awesome. trust me

looking forward to see how it turns out! good luck!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to see how yours turns out too! :D

Ur CUTE!

Me? umm not really but thanks? :huh:

MusicISUnlimited

Haha, if i ever have the money to do it.. im broke at the moment, and lets just say the uh "job market" for a 16 year old ins`t the greatest hahaha!

Haha, if i ever have the money to do it.. im broke at the moment, and lets just say the uh "job market" for a 16 year old ins`t the greatest hahaha!

I'm in debt right now cause of my tanks xD (Not like a ton of debt, but it bothers me when I don't even have a little money laying around) That stinks :(, I work a couple hours a week at my LFS. Although that doesn't really help with the "I need to stop buying more coral" problem I have..:lol:

Woot! Another teen reefer! *high five*

MusicISUnlimited
I'm in debt right now cause of my tanks xD (Not like a ton of debt, but it bothers me when I don't even have a little money laying around) That stinks :(, I work a couple hours a week at my LFS. Although that doesn't really help with the "I need to stop buying more coral" problem I have..:lol:

Woot! Another teen reefer! *high five*

hahah :) I`d love to work at my LFS, but it`s forty minutes away.

Ur CUTE!

every time i read her posts in my head theres a high pitch little girl reading it for me O.o

is it just me?

dont get the LED bulbs from walmart they dont have the correct kelvin rating.

do u live close to Neptune aquatics? robert has some LED systems..

actually i might have enough extras for a 3g =/

OMGSH LOOK AT ALL THOSE ACANS *drool*

every time i read her posts in my head theres a high pitch little girl reading it for me O.o

is it just me?

dont get the LED bulbs from walmart they dont have the correct kelvin rating.

do u live close to Neptune aquatics? robert has some LED systems..

actually i might have enough extras for a 3g =/

I've never been to Neptune's, I go to Atlantis, its closer and I really like all the rare corals :)

I want to check them out, I just need to convince my dad to take me xD

:o SET IT UP!

MusicISUnlimited
OMGSH LOOK AT ALL THOSE ACANS *drool*

I've never been to Neptune's, I go to Atlantis, its closer and I really like all the rare corals :)

I want to check them out, I just need to convince my dad to take me xD

:o SET IT UP!

Its a nice place hahah:)

Its a nice place hahah:)

Do they really have all those acans in stock? I love acans :wub: but my LFS doesn't get many in, only big colonies or small little 1head frags. I'm picky about acans colors though :P

Looks like an awesome LFS!

Archived