Cultivated Reef

Markushka's 20 Long Rimless Tank

Markushka

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I need a HOB skimmer, any recommendations?

AC70 .. Nice tank btw.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
skimmer? ...pfft. :lol:

When I use to run a skimmer a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...it was Remora. It worked great.

+1Remora- solid skimmer.

...if really low budget Mark- although they are forever getting a bad wrap- I had a Prizm that worked very well. Can usually get used on the cheap- but they are louder IME.

Tank is looking good.

I'm wondering why you think you need a skimmer? Are you having nutrient problems that an AC70 Fuge could fix?

• 1 month later...

No room in back for an AC 70, I made this tank an AIO for that reason. Finally got at\round to that water change, I think everyone will be looking happier in the morning. I should take some picks when I get it all cleaned up. I'm contemplating a move for the tank from the shelf to my desk.it'd be easier to clean for one thing.

Nice, back and running a 20L!

I dumped my skimmer probably 9 months ago (I'd have to check my own thread lol) and can't say there was any ill effect at all.

Following...

Pics! finally..

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

The tank still needs a good cleaning, the glass for one, But I've decided I'm moving the tank off the shelf and onto my desk.

I've also had to remove the clowns, they were starting to get territorial with the puffer and I didn't want anyone getting hurt. They're in the 3g pico atm actually. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do, but its a stop gap.

Very nice Mark, I love the brain coral. What exactly is it and where did you find it? Stinks about the clowns but that stuff happens at least you dont have Brook and you had another tank to put the clowns in.

P.S. Do a water change.

This is after a Water change lol. I was going to do another tomorrow, I have off from work

As for the brain coral, I think its a Platygyra sp., it looks like one. I picked it up all bleached from a pet store about 2 years ago. Its been thru it's fair share of ups and downs, I'm hoping that with proper maintenance I can get it back to what it once was.

So, I'm hoping to clean this tank up today after work, and move it to my desk from this shelf thing that needs to go in the trash. Lets hope I don't get lazy and actually do it!

Aslo there was a really nice fungia at the LFS, 60$ for a semi nice pattern, good thing I'm flat broke!

lol, but then I'd only have half a brain....I've long wondered if it were fraggable, but I've thought about attaching a piece to the side for it to encrust over and then frag that off.

So, I'm hoping to clean this tank up today after work, and move it to my desk from this shelf thing that needs to go in the trash. Lets hope I don't get lazy and actually do it!

Aslo there was a really nice fungia at the LFS, 60$ for a semi nice pattern, good thing I'm flat broke!

^

^

^

big surprise, didn't happen... passed out at 9pm instead and went to Boston today..

Visiting my sister with my mom, she's homesick and not feeling too well. maybe next time. I used to love the Boston aquarium, haven't been since I was little.

Overhaul!!! I moved the tank... pics to come... its going to be clean again!!!

sadly tho, one of my firefish is MIA and therefore presumed dead. The other one is all alone now... :(

SO the bad news first... My puffer, and probably my firefish are no longer with us :/ stressed too much during the move I guess.

The good news? well the tank is moved, and clean. I guess it'll just be the two clowns in there for a bit. Tho I have been thinking about just getting a bunch of damsels for the hell of it.

I don't think its actually sunk in yet. I'm not even feeling pissed yet. I do think tho that i'll give him to my friend to clarify and preserve.

6334844068_bdda9aff03.jpg

to give you an idea of what the finished product can look like when well done.

... interesting... *staying tuned*

edit; my asterisks look like stars?!!? what happened to the black splotch?!?!?!

edit2: just saw the pic -- what is that? i thought you meant like formalin style?

Archived