Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Lime green coralline algae

Inter

I got lime green coralline algae growing in my live rock, it looks pretty cool under normal lighting but it looks awesome under my actinics. It is rare or common? I took one rock out to get a better shot of it. I attached some pictures. Any info/comments are welcome. Thanks

post-39362-1277447767_thumb.jpg

post-39362-1277447804_thumb.jpg

Nice rock, and nice coralline.

I have seen green before, hopefully it does well for ya!

Thank for the reply. Its doing great, its growing in patches over every rock in my tank.

johnmaloney

I have had green coralline, but never that texture, it looks thicker/lusher than what I had. cool stuff, good pic

I have had green coralline, but never that texture, it looks thicker/lusher than what I had. cool stuff, good pic

Thanks I tried taking some pictures of it inside my tank but they were horrible, I just dont have the camera to do it. I just posted here to see if someone else has it, I tried looking up some pictures of it too but I couldnt find any. Do you have some pictures?

Reefmonster

I love the green coralines! Just one word of caution...don't expose any of it to the air, not even for one second...it has a VERY porous structure which is why it looks so dense. air gets trapped and you get a sort of RTN, where it bleaches...and when it does it releases toxins into the water that may make the other green coraline die. I made the mistake of rearranging my rockwork, and killed all my beautiful green coralines...it was a sad week after that. My rock was a Tonga and Figi mix, and first appeared on the Fiji rock.

More pics please!

I love the green coralines! Just one word of caution...don't expose any of it to the air, not even for one second...it has a VERY porous structure which is why it looks so dense. air gets trapped and you get a sort of RTN, where it bleaches...and when it does it releases toxins into the water that may make the other green coraline die. I made the mistake of rearranging my rockwork, and killed all my beautiful green coralines...it was a sad week after that. My rock was a Tonga and Figi mix, and first appeared on the Fiji rock.

More pics please!

Thats unlucky, I took that one piece out of my tank to take the pictures, so it was exposed to air, hopefully it will not die off. Thanks for the tip though! I bought some tonga branch and I think thats how it got into my tank and its spreading in patches over my other rock. I'll try to get two other pieces of rock out and take pictures for you to look. Thanks for the comments!

Archived