Innovative Marine Aquariums

Vortech MP10 1-Day Fire Sale!

Jeremy B.

Es stands for eco smart. It has a different control box and more options.

Anyone have details? What would I be giving up in purchasing this one versus the new ES and WES models?

Anyone have details? What would I be giving up in purchasing this one versus the new ES and WES models?

This is what I am interested in too.

From what I read, the ES has a mode that simulated the flow of a tide pool better. Not sure I *really* care about this.

From what I've read, the ES model has a separate controller that has 2 additional modes, but is most beneficial if you are using more than one powerhead so that they can run in tandem or in opposing cycles (one is a master, and others are slaves), and be placed on opposite/different sides of a tank. This really only works on larger tanks where you can space them apart more. The ESw model is wireless, in that the ES control units can be linked to communicate without physically daisy chaining them (at least that's my understanding).

I went with the original MP10, because the Ecosmart modes are designed to work with more than one powerhead. The Ecosmart modes do work somewhat with just one though. The original MP10 can be upgraded later if you want to go all out with multiple ones...$55 for ES and $85 for WES. And it's actually cheaper to upgrade most of the time with the current pricing of the original ones now.

http://ecotechmarine.com/parts-store/

Thanks for the interest everyone, we sold out of these within 15 minutes! If anyone is still interested, but didn't get in on this let me know and we might be able to work something out on the ES and WES models. Please send inquiries to jeremy@premiumaquatics.com.

Thanks for the interest everyone, we sold out of these within 15 minutes! If anyone is still interested, but didn't get in on this let me know and we might be able to work something out on the ES and WES models. Please send inquiries to jeremy@premiumaquatics.com.

Bummer.

Archived