Cultivated Reef

Blue Ribbon Eel Project *HE EATS!*

Matt'sMax

Skipped feeding the ribbon today. he's become a little fattie and still has a bit of a lump from last night's silver!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like your concept and like ribbons a lot never have attempted one for very good reasons. I do have a suggestion for the pipes they're kind of an eyesore so, why don’t you get a barnacle cluster and hollow out the area needed to fit the pipe that would make it look more natural. Just my $.02

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression this particular eel wasn't a true moray?

Regardless, good work so far, may your success continue.

Edit:

Semi-related, these particular critters are a perfect example of why common names screw certain specimens. Because of the Blue Ribbon Eel's reputation as impossible to keep, a much more suitable aquarium specimen called the Ghost Ribbon Eel is rarely carried by responsible (all though occasionally misinformed) LFS. They aren't even in the same family, and I think its a shame that the Ghost Ribbon Eels (a true morray) are so hard to find. Think Golden Dwarf Moray with a longer body.

Figured I'd throw that out on my way out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I LOVE Eels! This is an amazing tank thread, and I think that he is so cute :). I know haha it's weird to think Eels are cute. Sorry, but I didn't catch if you handfed him yet or not. I used to handfeed my Snowflake until my heater literally exploded in the tank. Be careful with this guy ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived