Cultivated Reef

Blue Ribbon Eel Project *HE EATS!*

Matt'sMax

Thanks! He hasn't yet, but this is only his second day. I put in 3 baby peppermint shrimp yesterday with him that are now missing but it could have been the mystery wrasse. Today and tomorrow I am following a technique suggested by SantaMonica. I will not feed tonight, then tomorrow, I will cause a feeding frenzy by using several foods at once including live guppies for him!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be carefull with these as theyre were 2 for sales at my LFS and the man who sell them said they are notorious for crawling out of aquarium and they absolutely need a very tight cover or they can find their way out of the tank and die outside.

He lost some that way and they were in a large tank.

They are absolutely GORGIOUS and I was tempted to buy one but once I learned they needed a covered aquarium that made me think twice as I have a rimless tank and no cover and I do not plan on putting a cover on it.

That is DEFINATELY not the only thing that should make you think twice! Thanks for the tip. I actually am aware and do have a very tight fitting lid (:

Haven't seen the eel all day! Hopin' he'll come out tonight for the feeding frenzy or else I'll be sending a molly on down the pvc tube!

Still no sign of the eel. I guess this is typical for an eel. especially one as secretive as the blue ribbon. Live mollies and frozen silversides on hand for when he decides to make an appearance!

He eats!! He eats! he eats! Best part, he showed no interest in live food. He snatched a thawed silverside and dragged him down the whole. Came out with a silverside shaped stomach lump. :D

Archived