Pod Your Reef

My ADA 60P. Now with 20" NEP CREE/T5 Retro

reeftankguy

Thanks Ben... It works the same way as the square hang on tank Overflows (a siphon), only this one packs alot of GPH in a small footprint. Oh and it is rated at (Dead Silent) unlike the square HOB ones that are noisy. It also self starts after a power outage... But that is what Mame says thier overflow does...

We shall see! :happy:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Ben... It works the same way as the square hang on tank Overflows (a siphon), only this one packs alot of GPH in a small footprint. Oh and it is rated at (Dead Silent) unlike the square HOB ones that are noisy. It also self starts after a power outage... But that is what Mame says thier overflow does...

We shall see! :happy:

I hope its as every bit as awesome as we think. I'm next on the list for getting one. So hopefully someone cancels ahead of me or they get another shipment in real soon

Just put my mame overflow together last night, I thought I was going to break the glass adjusting the vinyl tubing connections to it. What pump are you going to be using with yours? I'm thinking about going with the ehiem 1250 hobby pump (~4' height, so ~ 160 GPH) I'm still waiting to get my sump done so keep us posted how everything "flows"

What pump are you going to be using with yours? I'm thinking about going with the ehiem 1250 hobby pump (~4' height, so ~ 160 GPH)

I am going to be using a Quite One 800... 220gph @ 4.5' head)

... its only sucking 13.5 wattz

QO 800

just curious, would the mame overflow be easy to take apart and clean or would you just let it be?

Yes you need to clean it... So I will take it apart and... Clean it!

woo! :) looks good. I'm definitely following this thread!

How much is the mame? I can't drill my tank but have the space for a sump and could easily manage to incorporate this, which would allow me to really clear up some room in the tank...hmmm!

How long is the current wait for this bad boy and where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks,

Dustin

How much is the mame? I can't drill my tank but have the space for a sump and could easily manage to incorporate this, which would allow me to really clear up some room in the tank...hmmm!

How long is the current wait for this bad boy and where did you get it, if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks,

Dustin

It's about 200 if I remember correctly. I have no idea if I can link non-sponsors on NR, but there was a place taking pre-orders and it was the only place that I know of that were talking to the company in Japan to get distribute them in the states. But due to the long process of getting them in and the high demand for them they get very few. The list is probably pretty long and they arent taking orders anymore. I've been waiting since October.

Hows the MAME treating you?

I got my email yesterday and it should be on the way today.

I havent fired it up yet... I have been in Houston and just got back home last night... I will be working on setting it up this weekend...

Thanks,

Dustin

Hey Dustin,

I paid $198.99 w/frree shipping and you can purchase them HERE

They are out of stock but have another shipment on the way...

You might want to call them to firm up your order...

It's about 200 if I remember correctly. I have no idea if I can link non-sponsors on NR, but there was a place taking pre-orders and it was the only place that I know of that were talking to the company in Japan to get distribute them in the states. But due to the long process of getting them in and the high demand for them they get very few. The list is probably pretty long and they arent taking orders anymore. I've been waiting since October.

I havent fired it up yet... I have been in Houston and just got back home last night... I will be working on setting it up this weekend...

Hey Dustin,

I paid $198.99 w/frree shipping and you can purchase them HERE

They are out of stock but have another shipment on the way...

You might want to call them to firm up your order...

Thanks to you both. I'll have to get in touch with them. I was expecting it to be $200.

I look forward to seeing this thing in action!

EDIT:

Just called AquaTouch and spoke with a real nice guy. He was straight up in his response and didn't beat around in telling me he essentially has NO idea when they will receive more.

They are out. Shipped the last one he had available to send a pre-orderer today and the factory and distributor have not contacted him back in the past 3 weeks. He said he didn't expect to even HEAR anything until the end of the month (realistically) and not receive more until the end of next month or even later.

So what I'm saying is you should eBay that damn thing for $400. I can't pay that but I bet someone is wanting to!

Thanks to you both. I'll have to get in touch with them. I was expecting it to be $200.

I look forward to seeing this thing in action!

EDIT:

Just called AquaTouch and spoke with a real nice guy. He was straight up in his response and didn't beat around in telling me he essentially has NO idea when they will receive more.

They are out. Shipped the last one he had available to send a pre-orderer today and the factory and distributor have not contacted him back in the past 3 weeks. He said he didn't expect to even HEAR anything until the end of the month (realistically) and not receive more until the end of next month or even later.

So what I'm saying is you should eBay that damn thing for $400. I can't pay that but I bet someone is wanting to!

Dustin,

I just went to the link the reeftankguy posted and it shows they have 2 in stock for $168.99. Now I know sometimes stores websites don't have up with whats really in stock. But maybe some people canceled their orders? Thought I mention it.

Those are for the persons that had pre-ordered, as you can see the price is 30 dollars less due to the down payment that was required for pre-orders.

Dustin,

I just went to the link the reeftankguy posted and it shows they have 2 in stock for $168.99. Now I know sometimes stores websites don't have up with whats really in stock. But maybe some people canceled their orders? Thought I mention it.

Don't want to sound like a jerk....

But you sure about that?

Like do you have an email confirming that?

Looks like there is only one left now and it could be extras from people canceling.

I am going to be using a Quite One 800... 220gph @ 4.5' head)

... its only sucking 13.5 wattz

QO 800

hey nice looking setup you'll have going there, i suggest looking at the flow chart again ;) with the QO 800 you will get roughly 0gph @ 4.5ft . The QO800 will put at 220gph @ 0ft

hope you didnt order the pump yet if you read the chart wrong :(

There was a mass email that asked for the final payment. This email was sent out to everyone that had pre-ordered the overflow and for persons that did not pay in full to make the payment. The "remaining" number could very well be for people that did cancel...

Don't want to sound like a jerk....

But you sure about that?

Like do you have an email confirming that?

Looks like there is only one left now and it could be extras from people canceling.

I spoke with them on the phone and they literally have NO more in stock. Mastah is correct. No more mames until ~March-April.

Looks like I'm going another route!

hey nice looking setup you'll have going there, i suggest looking at the flow chart again ;) with the QO 800 you will get roughly 0gph @ 4.5ft . The QO800 will put at 220gph @ 0ft

hope you didn't order the pump yet if you read the chart wrong :(

I actually have the pump running in a QT... I didn't buy it for this application. It pumps out enough water at 4 ft., how much I don't know, but I'm sure it will turn the tank over 3 or 4 times an hour... If it doesn't workout I have a MJ900 Utility pump that I mix my buckets of SW with that I can use...

$500 sounds more tempting, but I pre-ordered this baby in July and waited 6 months to get it in my hand!

$500 sounds more tempting, but I pre-ordered this baby in July and waited 6 months to get it in my hand!

Well you know if you dont like it, you can probably make your money back.

I actually have the pump running in a QT... I didn't buy it for this application. It pumps out enough water at 4 ft., how much I don't know, but I'm sure it will turn the tank over 3 or 4 times an hour... If it doesn't workout I have a MJ900 Utility pump that I mix my buckets of SW with that I can use...

The QO800 is pumping out roughly 50gph @ 4ft im not sure if thats able to prime the siphon on the overflow but i am interested to see if its able to. The maxijet 900 is even worse of a choice with ~0gph at 4ft so it has less head pressure than the QO800, from personal experience i was getting a trickle out of a MJ1200 at 4ft and would barely consider it flow haha. Keep us updated!

The QO800 is pumping out roughly 50gph @ 4ft im not sure if thats able to prime the siphon on the overflow but i am interested to see if its able to. The maxijet 900 is even worse of a choice with ~0gph at 4ft so it has less head pressure than the QO800, from personal experience i was getting a trickle out of a MJ1200 at 4ft and would barely consider it flow haha. Keep us updated!

I clicked your Banner... Sweet!

So what would you recomend to run this M-overflow?

I was just trying to avoid buying a pump, the ones I talk about using I have laying around my REEF junk room...

Also do you have an M-overflow? How does your inFlow Design work for you?

Archived