SaltCritters.com

My ADA 60P. Now with 20" NEP CREE/T5 Retro

reeftankguy

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any updates?

Hey...

Not really... I modified the Sump by moving the supports that hold the grid up like I show in the pictures...

Still waiting on the Mame before I skin the stand becuase I want to test it on the tank and find out where

it will hang... that will determine where I cut the hole in the side of the stand for the Out Flow (Mame to Spraybar) hose...

It sucks but I'm taking my time and want it configured right... B)

Thanks for the intrest dude!

Your tank is looking great BTW...

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Things are on Hold...

I received an email from aquatouch.com and the delivery date for the Mame Overflow has been pushed from end of October to end of December :tears:

They offered me a full refund but I told them I wait since I already paid in full... OH well!

• 1 month later...
Bummer :-(

Well December is around the corner, Hope Mame's promise to Aquatouch for a December delivery

is finally a reality fingerscrossed

I'm really wanting to fire this project up :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm considering getting one two for a new rimless project. where did you get your sump?

Whats up Med! My sump came from my Fowlr setup I purchased in the early 90's...

What interest you about it? If it is the rotating spray arm You can reproduce it... Very simple to do with stock PVC parts...

BTW... Glad to see the Original MedRed AV... Creepy but I dig it!

I was just thinking it looked like a nice, simple, sump to use for a smaller sized tank. I don't want anything huge or expensive for my next build.

mame still on track for this month?

• 2 weeks later...
mame still on track for this month?

:lol: I received the same message from AquaTouch as in November, except this time they said

they have been shipped but haven't received a tracking number from Mame...

I'm going to say probably wont happen till 2011 :mellow:

Good news the overflows came in reeftank go check your email...

Thanks HYPE! Your newest build is awesome none the less!!!!!

YES IT IS ON IT'S WAY!!!! Shipped yesterday and will have it Monday :naughtydance:

:inbeforeanyoneelse: ---> :naughtydance:

I received my MAME OVERFLOW today...

Very nice! My only complaint is that the whole manual is in Japanese :o

So I guess I will just follow the illistrations to assemble it... The hard part will be figuring out the operation of it!

Pic of the assembled overflow soon to follow...

100_0237.jpg

100_0238.jpg

Congrats now get to work!

Thanks Hype, I'm getting there soon, this was the last piece of the puzzle!

I want one just for the cool factor. I don't even have a use for it.

It is def cool!

+1 -- so cool!

Get it up and make a video! Pleaaaase.

+1 I will do a video of it in action with the sump when I do my testing!

Thanks for the comments CJ5 and Med... Sexy is right! B)

Here it is assembled... I wont have time this weekend to setup a test run, but maybe next week I will have a video for everyone that is interested in seeing it work on my setup... ?

AssembledMO3.jpg

AssembledMO1.jpg

AssembledMO2.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. With your hand in the pictures, it gives a better sense of the scale and overall size. Really like the last shot as well since it shows how it hangs on the rim and the space needed behind the tank.

Adam

Adam,

It looks bigger in the pictures than it really is...

It compacts about approx. 24" worth of glass tubing into such a small foot print. I think the concept behind this overflow is based on the 180deg bends to allow more flow/suction through probably 24" of 1.25" diam. tubing. Sort of like the Bose Sub-woofer technology...

I cant wait to fire it up, but I have to be in Houston this weekend to upgrade some iPad Medical Apps I developed for a Dr. Client I have...

Jon...

RTG:

That's a pretty ool looking overflow. This may be a stupid quetion, but does that remove the need to drill the tank? Ho dows it work? I'm on;y familiar with the "wall" tyle oveflow, lie a BC has.

Archived