Innovative Marine Aquariums

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

Weird thing is the white is still spreading. I have never seen anything like it

I was wondering if it was - the top left side of the dorsal has that fading in looking white to it. Be neat to see how much color that guy gets. It's already very cool.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well almost have the tank totally plumbed in. Finished what I could tonight. Will complete in the am. Can't wait to have it up and running tomorrow

Hey Rich here are a few shots of the two Bad A$$ clowns I got from you last fall...They must be close to one year old now. Let me know when you have more ready to go or some of your new Wyoming Whites.

Thanks again,

Jasen

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg

and

IMG_4910.jpg

IMG_4908.jpg

IMG_4868.jpg

these clowns looks the way donis used to look 3years ago,they look very unique i like it,great job ,im looking for something like this to pair up with my snowcasso "oldschool one"

I have a couple of Doni's Grade A's from a few years ago and they are beautiful and similar but I still like Rich's BA Clowns more (...Don't tell my Snow's....). The dark patterns make them absolutely amazing. My kids call them the cow clowns.

IMG_4787.jpg

IMG_4863.jpg

VS.

IMG_4786.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just realized why you don't do a upgrade on a weekend.

Was going to change my pumps impeller. Remove the old pump off the system. Easy right. Pump tips to the side and splits my eyebrow open. First problem. Unscrewing the nuts and 1 is locked up. Figured I will take all the other ones off and that will put pressure on the stuck one so I could remove the nut. Little did I know it was actually frozen. After fighting it for a hour I had my wife help me and we were able to snap the bolt and change I out. 20 minute job turned into a 2.5 hr one on fathers day. Thank god I had a spare pump sitting around for an extra bolt otherwise I would of been in a world of trouble

It's a good thing you had your wife come to bail you out on that one!

Seriously - I always seem to get into trouble when Lowes or HD are closed and I'm stuck until the next day to repair stuff.

Luckily I haven't got into too many problems (knock on wood) with tanks and pumps but I'm starting to build a stockpile of spare - in case of emergency parts. Especially since I live so far from anything I have to have the estra's on hand - you just never know.

You just have to love how that happens. I am in the process of purchasing seconds on all my equipment but that starts to add up quick. Even if I had a spare I would not of helped because of where the problem happened.

Last night was crazy

I pulled a large onyx nest and siphoned a ww nest.

I'm in the process of breaking down my old system. Since the eggs hatched I can now close the tanks and save about 90 dollars a month on my electric bill alone.

Old system is broken down and new system is fully running. I added all my pairs to there new homes and they are already starting to put new nests down. I think the water quality will be much better. I upgraded a few things and might add even more bio filtration. Keep things looking pretty and healthy.

get any stitches in your brow? i bought a screw backer outer kit for stripped bolts. well worth the 20 bucks or so.

what did you put on your new system to save yourself $$? i did truelumen stripes on all my tanks and one hammerhead pump. only other pump is on my SRO-5000xt. i noticed a good drop in my electric bill but i am always looking for other ways to drop my bill. only thing that sucks that my system is in my basement which is underground and is cool all year so i need 4 - 5 400w heaters to keep it at 83.

I went from a hammer head to a dart. I run a atb internal skimmer and was able top increase the outside ac by two degrees. I'm using so much less energy. Old skimmer was great but needed a feed pump and used a orca pump so right there alone I cut at least 400 w an hour. Heater hardly turns on and I do not need heaters on the fry tanks. 27 tanks only using 80w of energy

27 tanks?!!... you are not playing around!

That's just my fry and grow out tanks. I figure it takes 8 tanks per laying pair to sellable size. So now I will be starting on my grow out system. This way I can cut down that number

That's just my fry and grow out tanks. I figure it takes 8 tanks per laying pair to sellable size. So now I will be starting on my grow out system. This way I can cut down that number

Right on - they must be smaller tanks. I've been working on my grow out room and keep wondering how long it will take for me to out-grow it.

Right on - they must be smaller tanks. I've been working on my grow out room and keep wondering how long it will take for me to out-grow it.

10-20 g tanks.

Yes they are not the biggest but they grow just fine in that size for me

I've done well with the 20L's and I'm using them in my grow out room as well. I didn't have enough room to line both walls with the 100g tubs so it's tubs on one side and glass tanks on the other.

I've done well with the 20L's and I'm using them in my grow out room as well. I didn't have enough room to line both walls with the 100g tubs so it's tubs on one side and glass tanks on the other.

I'm going to go with the 27 circular tubs and the 100 g stock tanks.

Are you keeping all your breeding pairs in the house?

If not you can put those on the right and the grow out on the left so it will be easier to account for electrical use age in one area than trying to keep track of it in two.

I have never tried 20l because of the cost and the ability to find them. I might hit petco up and see if I can grab a few.

Breeders and hatch out is staying in the house - just for ease of access to them. The next phase of grow out build out would be to build a dedicated building to them and keep everything under one roof. But that's a long way away.

I got all my glass at the $1 per gallon sale - the guys in the store just grab the pallet jack when they see me come in durring the sale. It's kind of funny.

Rich do you have any true males possibly for sale? I am getting a laying snowcasso and want to pair her with something special. Since she is laying I want as close to a proven or true male as I can get.

Just want to make sure I am giving her a male able to fertilize as soon as I can.

You or know anyone who has a BA, onyx or a grade a Picasso ?

Archived