Coral Vue Hydros

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

well i have proved that getting a naked clown is genetic and not chemical. i will take pics later on today but i have 2 totally naked fish and there were hatched out a few weeks ago.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well i have proved that getting a naked clown is genetic and not chemical. i will take pics later on today but i have 2 totally naked fish and there were hatched out a few weeks ago.

From what pair? nakedxnaked? cause another person on here was having trouble with that

FishEyeAquaculture

Fantastic Rich!!!! Great job!!!! This is so exciting to know...I have been wondering for a few years....keep it up!!!!

Fantastic Rich!!!! Great job!!!! This is so exciting to know...I have been wondering for a few years....keep it up!!!!

I have a few other things that I wanna work on myself. nothing like experimenting and seeing what you get

Maybe you should counter that and use a naked x regular. That could produce a lot of misbars but idk. How does ORA do it?

what would be the point

my goal was to prove that nakeds whet not chemically made

well the next goal will be to get a black picasso.

stay tuned

Idk, try to figure out how to mass produce nakeds? It's worth a shot

A black Picasso I would totally buy. What are you planning on using as brood stock?

Idk, try to figure out how to mass produce nakeds? It's worth a shot

A black Picasso I would totally buy. What are you planning on using as brood stock?

ive already started the process.

picasso and bnw

now next will be offspring that has desirable trait with momma picasso. then the next move after that will be offspring of that with a bnw. that should seal the deal but who knows. its a experiment

it will be to futher the twilight line that i created

Gonna be fun to watch them progress! So you are planning on two generations?

Yeah I think I get it now...

I'm nota breeder...obviously, but I like the subject of genetics. Just curious...that's why I'm asking questions, no hurt to ask I guess...

it would actually be three gens but only line breeding 1 gen then add a wild bnw too get rid of some possible genetic defects

That's beyond my knowledge, but it sorta makes since. I'm still gonna leave that up to an experienced breeder like you. Lol

Gonna be fun to watch them progress! So you are planning on two generations?

Yeah I think I get it now...

I'm nota breeder...obviously, but I like the subject of genetics. Just curious...that's why I'm asking questions, no hurt to ask I guess...

I am a science/chemistry person myself by trade but I always like a challenge.

Please keep asking because it might be that one question that you ask that enlightens us all. Sometimes we get too caught up in the complicated to realize the simple answer.

i thought you sold your naked pair? you starting to raise any of nakeds? how many nakeds did you per batch?

Nope never sold them

Only on my second batch

Just did not have room until now

Could not tell you the statistics because I still cho breed and seperate them later when they get bigger. The point of this was to show its not chemically induced like originally thought

well the next goal will be to get a black picasso.

stay tuned

sorry, just catching up...

but the above project would be awesome!!! what do you have in mind for their parents?

sorry, just catching up...

but the above project would be awesome!!! what do you have in mind for their parents?

Gen 1 is already complete

Now working on the second gen

Well I don't want to jinx myself but I have some very special eggs that a totally white fish has not eaten yet. I am leaving him nameless so he doesn't get nervous and eat them as I type

Well I don't want to jinx myself but I have some very special eggs that a totally white fish has not eaten yet. I am leaving him nameless so he doesn't get nervous and eat them as I type

LOL... come on white fish... come on!!!

I always used this tank as an inspiration for my ric tank, but just noticed the clown was a black picasso! Just thought it would add to this thread to see what a black picasso looks like. :)

Archived