Cultivated Reef

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

Just pulled a Hugh nest from my bad ass parents,

They seem to have gotten bigger since I changes up the food and started doing water changes.

yeah buuuuuuuddy!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FishEyeAquaculture
.....ask hyperboy he has the snowflake female and black male hell tell you its true see for yourself....

I really don't understand what I am being asked, someone help me out. :huh:

I really don't understand what I am being asked, someone help me out. :huh:

I believe he's asking that if you're mixing 9 homozygous traits that you'll still get a certain traits to come out. for example snowflake patterns

FishEyeAquaculture
I believe he's asking that if you're mixing 9 homozygous traits that you'll still get a certain traits to come out. for example snowflake patterns

Sure, but not as strong if it is pure. If you have a solid pair, the genes are stronger than a mixed pair.

I am still really not sure on what is really being asked/stated here? If it is the whole "male gene is stronger than the female gene" argument....I can tell you it is a bogus argument. Please correct me if my translation is wrong.

Sure, but not as strong if it is pure. If you have a solid pair, the genes are stronger than a mixed pair.

I am still really not sure on what is really being asked/stated here? If it is the whole "male gene is stronger than the female gene" argument....I can tell you it is a bogus argument. Please correct me if my translation is wrong.

I think what he is saying is you mix a platinum with the platinum or a platinum with the regular fish the odds of getting a platinum are about equal. correct me if I'm wrong that's what I'm reading

personally I think you'll get much better results breeding a true line as opposed to mixing it back . all the back mixing does is remove genetic defects possibly

FishEyeAquaculture
personally I think you'll get much better results breeding a true line as opposed to mixing it back . all the back mixing does is remove genetic defects possibly

Agreed

now this is a advanced topic

I guess you can't breed without a little understanding of genetics

Especially, if we are going to play with the designer varients.

im not even gonna mention it anymore, im just gonna raise up the fry and see for myself, im sure rich will have results before i do. so we might know sooner than later... well any news on the surprise rich??

im not even gonna mention it anymore, im just gonna raise up the fry and see for myself, im sure rich will have results before i do. so we might know sooner than later... well any news on the surprise rich??

I still haven't heard from her. Said she would call me back but I'm stil waiting

how many fry were saved??

There were 18 that hatched out. Colors still have not developed so I dont know the percentage but these were the ones that the color was different. Almost had a ghost like appearance

Okay pulled my perc/plat nest tonight on day 1. I figured why not the male was already munching on them. Figured I pulled a few hundred eggs.

I botched the snow hatch, actually the stone blew off the hose and wasn't aerating the eggs. Lost over 100 then I stopped counting. I have about 25 to 30 with about 70 more eggs hatching tonight

perc/plat nest was half unfertilized. not sure if its the male or the female but will leave nature to take its course for a while before i do any switching of partners

perc/plat nest was half unfertilized. not sure if its the male or the female but will leave nature to take its course for a while before i do any switching of partners

man there a bug going around i swear..... hate all this egg eating and unfertalized eggs,,,,aarrggggggg

They are still coloring up

Some have there stripes but three are still coming in.

Not sure on how they develop since this is the first clutch

Will keep everyone updated

Had a big screw up

Just lost 80 Month old fry.

If you are going to use a sponge filter make sure the to is submerged

They are still coloring up

Some have there stripes but three are still coming in.

Not sure on how they develop since this is the first clutch

Will keep everyone updated

Had a big screw up

Just lost 80 Month old fry.

If you are going to use a sponge filter make sure the to is submerged

dont feel bad, last month i did a water change and had the salinity at the wrong range and wiped out half my fry that were all snows, but it's cool i learned a lesson, i saved about 100 babies so thats a good thing... i feel your pain bud!!!

well today was a busy day

i worked on my new grow out system for a few hours and will be able to make some more head way on wendsday

cant wait to complete the setup so i can get to phase 2

well today was a busy day

i worked on my new grow out system for a few hours and will be able to make some more head way on wendsday

cant wait to complete the setup so i can get to phase 2

awsome, update us forsure... as for me well my picass/snowcasso spawned again, very big clutch will post a video here in a min... males getting very good with the eggs, i only see 2 unfertalized eggs out of a lot!!!

Archived