Top Shelf Aquatics

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

Alpha Aquaculture
also lost my darwin female somehow last night, something must have spooked her or something cause shes dry on my floor... very upset!!!!

heres a link to the spawning that happened yesterday!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApR7v-Afgw8

Sounds like you need some screens bro! I'd be buggin if I didn't have mine...

7-9-2011-011_edited-1.jpg

7-9-2011-012_edited-1.jpg

7-9-2011-013_edited-1.jpg

7-9-2011-014_edited-1.jpg

7-9-2011-015_edited-1.jpg

Nice video too. Were they eating the eggs right in the video? Looks like they might have munched a few right then and there.

Also heard c-quest was up for sale

I wonder how much they're asking. Where the fish breeding ballers at? lol

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like you need some screens bro! I'd be buggin if I didn't have mine...

7-9-2011-011_edited-1.jpg

7-9-2011-012_edited-1.jpg

7-9-2011-013_edited-1.jpg

7-9-2011-014_edited-1.jpg

7-9-2011-015_edited-1.jpg

Nice video too. Were they eating the eggs right in the video? Looks like they might have munched a few right then and there.

I wonder how much they're asking. Where the fish breeding ballers at? lol

actually they wait till lights go off and they start to eat, cause they were there when lights went out.... yeah i defentaly need covers soon... i need a diy for those kris!!!

Alpha Aquaculture

Guys there is nothing to it. Go to Home Depot and go to the screen area near the doors and stuff. You will need the plastic elbows for the corners, some aluminum straight sections, some 0.160 ribbon is what I use. Thats everything for the screen except the actual screen. I get mine from Acroholic on R2R. He sells it pretty cheap and can get it to you fast. Then a dremel or hack saw for cutting the aluminum sections. Use a screwdriver instead of the rolley thingy for getting your ribbon in the grooves of the aluminum. The ribbon holds the screen in place. It takes about an hour for each screen. They are harder if they are not perfect rectangles like the ones in the pics above. Lmk if you have any more questions.

Guys there is nothing to it. Go to Home Depot and go to the screen area near the doors and stuff. You will need the plastic elbows for the corners, some aluminum straight sections, some 0.160 ribbon is what I use. Thats everything for the screen except the actual screen. I get mine from Acroholic on R2R. He sells it pretty cheap and can get it to you fast. Then a dremel or hack saw for cutting the aluminum sections. Use a screwdriver instead of the rolley thingy for getting your ribbon in the grooves of the aluminum. The ribbon holds the screen in place. It takes about an hour for each screen. They are harder if they are not perfect rectangles like the ones in the pics above. Lmk if you have any more questions.

okay how much can you get the actual screen built for me and shipped.. meaning you build it and ship it to my door for a price ofcoarse... lmk i need 3 at 10"X10" thats all

Alpha Aquaculture
okay how much can you get the actual screen built for me and shipped.. meaning you build it and ship it to my door for a price ofcoarse... lmk i need 3 at 10"X10" thats all

I do have plenty of extra materials here plus I just re-upped more screen last week. I actually don't make them myself. My friend Rusty is in charge of screen making. We have discussed offering to make them for others already. The ones we make are very simple just like I described. I have seen others in person that are display quality. These are made with more materials. Plastic material from USplastics.com is used to strengthen the framing. These plastic long straight pieces are then bonded together in the corners with fiberglass. The same screen shown above in the pics are then siliconed to the inside of this new plastic frame. This process strengthens the frame and makes it look very nice. I don't like the idea of spending extra money for unnecessary plastic material, extra time building, and having to get all the other materials so I just stick with the simple ones. There is a little give when you hold them in person (they flex a lil). Some foods we drop right through the screen and others we lift the screen up and feed underneath. Shoot me a pm and lmk what you think about all this. I will be at the warehouse in a bit and I will check some receipts and see what it all will cost me for your size. I will add Rusty's time building them and let you know exactly how the pricing will work.

I do have plenty of extra materials here plus I just re-upped more screen last week. I actually don't make them myself. My friend Rusty is in charge of screen making. We have discussed offering to make them for others already. The ones we make are very simple just like I described. I have seen others in person that are display quality. These are made with more materials. Plastic material from USplastics.com is used to strengthen the framing. These plastic long straight pieces are then bonded together in the corners with fiberglass. The same screen shown above in the pics are then siliconed to the inside of this new plastic frame. This process strengthens the frame and makes it look very nice. I don't like the idea of spending extra money for unnecessary plastic material, extra time building, and having to get all the other materials so I just stick with the simple ones. There is a little give when you hold them in person (they flex a lil). Some foods we drop right through the screen and others we lift the screen up and feed underneath. Shoot me a pm and lmk what you think about all this. I will be at the warehouse in a bit and I will check some receipts and see what it all will cost me for your size. I will add Rusty's time building them and let you know exactly how the pricing will work.

kk sorry for the thread whoring rich, very sorry ill stop now!!

kk sorry for the thread whoring rich, very sorry ill stop now!!

not at all dude this is why its here for all of us to share our ideas with each other and help each other out. if we cant do that then i should just stop posting in all threads.

so please be my guest and whore away

not at all dude this is why its here for all of us to share our ideas with each other and help each other out. if we cant do that then i should just stop posting in all threads.

so please be my guest and whore away

lol that sounded gangster!!

christosclowns

Well i can say that offspring from a spawning pair of wyoming whites come off not true. I have logged that out of 135 babies 11 were all white 44 were simialr to what c quest calls gladiator clowns where they have half a helmet and little picasso marking and the rest were reg occ. The pair is actually with my buddy alberto right now and they still spawn from what i hear. I got rid of them when i sold all my broodstock and i gave them to him cuz he begged me for them from day one. I had some pixtures on photobucket not sure if they are still there. When i transferd to using a mac i lost most of my digital shots. Anyways it aint worth it you will get more if not the same percentages breeding a male whyoming white with a reg female occ and if you wanna put a black female with it your gonna get a brown clownfish r mocha been there done that

Well i can say that offspring from a spawning pair of wyoming whites come off not true. I have logged that out of 135 babies 11 were all white 44 were simialr to what c quest calls gladiator clowns where they have half a helmet and little picasso marking and the rest were reg occ. The pair is actually with my buddy alberto right now and they still spawn from what i hear. I got rid of them when i sold all my broodstock and i gave them to him cuz he begged me for them from day one. I had some pixtures on photobucket not sure if they are still there. When i transferd to using a mac i lost most of my digital shots. Anyways it aint worth it you will get more if not the same percentages breeding a male whyoming white with a reg female occ and if you wanna put a black female with it your gonna get a brown clownfish r mocha been there done that

so what your saying is that you had an actual breeding pair of wyoming whites breed and only got 10% wyoming white offspring?? you got any pics of your breeding pair or videos of them, what happen to the fry you raised???

That's real interesting, I would of thought the percentages are better. My babies are starting to go thru meta. We will see what they turn out to be

yeah thats what im saying, kinda bull till i see some pics of even the parents breeding!!!

I might be getting some new goodies. Will let everyone know in a few days

okay can you atleast give us a clue , im getting anxious dude!!! :D

so im guessing i can put a platnium with a regular true percula and get platnium offspring off of them,, i think thats totally wrong, only way to get a platnium offspring is to breed 2 platniums or two picasso's , i dont see a platnium baby coming from a platnium paired with onyx, true perc , or regular perc,, theres no way, i hope this info isn't in your new book cause it false!!!

so im guessing i can put a platnium with a regular true percula and get platnium offspring off of them,, i think thats totally wrong, only way to get a platnium offspring is to breed 2 platniums or two picasso's , i dont see a platnium baby coming from a platnium paired with onyx, true perc , or regular perc,, theres no way, i hope this info isn't in your new book cause it false!!!

I will be able to tell you it's false our true in a few. I think it's more true because it's a recessive trait there it's a chance enough it's slight.

I have A platinum with a onyx that just started breeding. He it's from my snow$$$$$

Also have A misbar paired with a platinum that are cleaning like mad. We will see

K

Thats your hint :)

I will be able to tell you it's false our true in a few. I think it's more true because it's a recessive trait there it's a chance enough it's slight.

I have A platinum with a onyx that just started breeding. He it's from my snow$$$$$

Also have A misbar paired with a platinum that are cleaning like mad. We will see

K

Thats your hint :)

dang ok...

christosclowns

Ok i had 22 pairs total i ahve paired up almost every mix there is and im telling you that you that the recessive gene works just as good. I have had snowflake males with reg occ females and two snowflakes breeding and the outcome wasnt much diff. I have had platinum males with cquest onyx females and i have gotten 10 to 20 percent all platinums. The reason i did this is vecause it takes allot longer to get two platinums or two snowflakes to actually spawn and much easier to take one male that is marked and breed him with an already spawning female. If the case was false i wuold tell you yeah wait 3 years and get platinums to spawn im giving you the easy way out and a guaranteee on nice fish. I have kept in touch with matt carberry form sustainable aquatics that has pretty much all my pairs and i know all his percentages. If you want a great source for what i am saying contact matt and hell tell you the same thing. He has over 100 pairs spawning and he agrees with what i am saying because he sees it with his own two eyes. If you have a mother with brown eyes and a father with blue eyes your chances out of ten babies with blue eyes are pretty good at least two if them or vise versa. Its geneology the facts are right there. I just dont want anyone to waste their time thats why i am giving you advice that took me five years to figure out dont waste your time breeding plat to plat or wyoming to wyoming take a male and place it with a female and youll get great percentages, Ask eileen shell tell you or ask hyperboy he has the snowflake female and black male hell tell you its true see for yourself. Donis pocasso trait is strong some are strongers and carry a diff gene then others its the luck of the draw follow the lineage back to ora and get f2 generation i find that the strongest

Ok i had 22 pairs total i ahve paired up almost every mix there is and im telling you that you that the recessive gene works just as good. I have had snowflake males with reg occ females and two snowflakes breeding and the outcome wasnt much diff. I have had platinum males with cquest onyx females and i have gotten 10 to 20 percent all platinums. The reason i did this is vecause it takes allot longer to get two platinums or two snowflakes to actually spawn and much easier to take one male that is marked and breed him with an already spawning female. If the case was false i wuold tell you yeah wait 3 years and get platinums to spawn im giving you the easy way out and a guaranteee on nice fish. I have kept in touch with matt carberry form sustainable aquatics that has pretty much all my pairs and i know all his percentages. If you want a great source for what i am saying contact matt and hell tell you the same thing. He has over 100 pairs spawning and he agrees with what i am saying because he sees it with his own two eyes. If you have a mother with brown eyes and a father with blue eyes your chances out of ten babies with blue eyes are pretty good at least two if them or vise versa. Its geneology the facts are right there. I just dont want anyone to waste their time thats why i am giving you advice that took me five years to figure out dont waste your time breeding plat to plat or wyoming to wyoming take a male and place it with a female and youll get great percentages, Ask eileen shell tell you or ask hyperboy he has the snowflake female and black male hell tell you its true see for yourself. Donis pocasso trait is strong some are strongers and carry a diff gene then others its the luck of the draw follow the lineage back to ora and get f2 generation i find that the strongest

wow i didnt think you could even get a platnium out of a say a platnium male bred to a onyx female or vise versa, thats just crazy, all the breeders i see now breeding clowns out of all about 4-5 that i know all have said they have not got any platnium babies breeding them to regular females non platnium or picasso... we need to get pics of this to clear it up cause im still weery about this, and saying that im only gonna get 10% wyoming white offspring from a wyoming white breeding pair sounds off to me.... its like saying out of my picass/snowcasso im only gonna get 10% picassos snowcassos, dont add up but we will soon see, maybe my ww have a stronger gene, or they may have a weaker gene...proof is me waiting and seeing myself in a couple months when mine stop eating the fry!!!

wow i didnt think you could even get a platnium out of a say a platnium male bred to a onyx female or vise versa, thats just crazy, all the breeders i see now breeding clowns out of all about 4-5 that i know all have said they have not got any platnium babies breeding them to regular females non platnium or picasso... we need to get pics of this to clear it up cause im still weery about this, and saying that im only gonna get 10% wyoming white offspring from a wyoming white breeding pair sounds off to me.... its like saying out of my picass/snowcasso im only gonna get 10% picassos snowcassos, dont add up but we will soon see, maybe my ww have a stronger gene, or they may have a weaker gene...proof is me waiting and seeing myself in a couple months when mine stop eating the fry!!!

or like rich said, he has some eggs that will tell if there is a platnium out of his pair, and i know he has pics !!

very nice rich, you get good pics , mine are all crappy pics....they are just awsome fish..........

You can really tell the difference in the eyes with these pictures.

They are 2 of my 5 breeding pairs

I am only harvesting eggs from 2 pairs but will be trying the platinium/perc

Archived