inTank Media Baskets

RRCG Extreme Clowns,Onyx,Nakeds, ora picasso/bnw pair

rrcg50

my onyx female and baby male plat from my broodstock laid a hugh second nest. should i leave it or pull it. i want to try and pull it to see if that works but i dont want to mess the cycle up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my onyx female and baby male plat from my broodstock laid a hugh second nest. should i leave it or pull it. i want to try and pull it to see if that works but i dont want to mess the cycle up

Leave it. You want them to get in the groove of things for now, and then you can remove it after a few months of spawning. Try and catch the babies by hand in the mean time. JMO. :)

just something to think about... why dont you take them out of the tank and bag the pair up and ship them to my house??? i will pay you tons of money..... lol j/k dude i would leave them in the brood tank and see how it goes..... wonder what they will produce!!!

just something to think about... why dont you take them out of the tank and bag the pair up and ship them to my house??? i will pay you tons of money..... lol j/k dude i would leave them in the brood tank and see how it goes..... wonder what they will produce!!!

I'm not sure butthe make is from my snow pair so I'm excited to see what I get. Especially since the female is wild caught. I've had her for a few years now but wondering what it will do to the genre pool

Leave it. You want them to get in the groove of things for now, and then you can remove it after a few months of spawning. Try and catch the babies by hand in the mean time. JMO. :)

Hand scooping, id be there for days. If anything I will let them keep the eggs to day 7 then pool the pot

well i did it. my ww laid today and i pulled the eggs. have pretty good air hitting the eggs and will waite and see what happens. 8 days to go live. man i hope this works

well i did it. my ww laid today and i pulled the eggs. have pretty good air hitting the eggs and will waite and see what happens. 8 days to go live. man i hope this works

will be awsome if your successful.....

Are you going to take them out each day and dip them to keep from getting fungus on the eggs?

Because of work I'm going to highly airate(sp) them this time. If that does not work them we will do dips and 100% water changes.

I'd be interested in seeing how you have the tank set up - do you have anything else for flow in there? Or just the air?

I would think some additional water movement over the eggs would be beneficial.

I'd be interested in seeing how you have the tank set up - do you have anything else for flow in there? Or just the air?

I would think some additional water movement over the eggs would be beneficial.

So far nothing else but the stone and some healthy looking eggs. It's a small tank so there is no room for a power head and I wouldn't want to kill any early hatchers ;)

I hear you... I was thinking like something along the lines of a Koralia nano - something that would move the water but with a wide pattern.

I hear you... I was thinking like something along the lines of a Koralia nano - something that would move the water but with a wide pattern.

There in a 2.5 so aeration will move the water fine I think

eggs are doing fine and starting to mature. went from orange to black over night. trying to keep the heater at a medium rate dont want to give better conditions for the fungus to grow

Still doing good.

I just pulled the largest nest of my bad ass clowns since I started. I guess water changes do help. I would say 300-400 eggs

Still doing good.

I just pulled the largest nest of my bad ass clowns since I started. I guess water changes do help. I would say 300-400 eggs

This is so exciting! I may have to try pulling my eggs since one of my males can't seem to stop chowing down :scarry:

Wishing you the best of luck!

Here are my clowns from RRCG50. I don't know how you guys get decent pics of your clowns. Mine will not stay still for more than half a second and my crappy point and shot can't keep up. Only one seems to have taken to the BTA so far.

post-58669-1314916013_thumb.jpg

post-58669-1314916167_thumb.jpg

post-58669-1314916186_thumb.jpg

post-58669-1314916195_thumb.jpg

Archived